Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Cabins at Winterplace or Snowshoe

Old 12-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cabins at Winterplace or Snowshoe

Originally Posted by Cr33pin
im your friend an i dont remember gettin a invite....... shame be to you
when I say friends I mean "hookers"
Old 12-13-2008, 03:21 PM
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

ima wanna live it up in some cabin with hookers........
Old 12-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DSMdtrain
..... and at a decent price....
Originally Posted by DSMdtrain
when I say friends I mean "hookers"
Either your hookers are gonna nassy, if you're doing this whole thing on a budget.... OR you blew all your money on some legit ones and you need some cheap lodging.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by Heiss M3

Yes.

No. - Better than Winterplace, YES; better than Snowshoe, NO. There's a reason why it's one of the only mountains in this part of the country that has enough snow fall and a high enough elevation to allow for the Snowshoe Hare's survival.

Timberline and Snowshoe are both great places. Timberline may be easier for families, but Snowshoe is more for the avid skiier, snowboarder, etc.
I have to disagree with you. Snowshoe has some decent slopes, but nothing like Canaan or Timberline. Back in high school, I used to race Nastar, and in college I was on the Ski Patrol for a couple seasons, so I've skied at most all of the places around here many, many, many times. Snowshoe is more for the beginner, I think. I think Timberline is the best around here, with Canaan being a close second. I prefer Silver Creek to Snowshoe as well. Snowshoe is nice when Widowmaker and Cupp Run is open, but that usually only happens a few days a year,

I don't know anything about the terrain parks, though. I'm not a snowboarder, and I'm too old to be doing all kinds of tricks on my skis.

But, to each his own, I guess...
Old 12-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I have to disagree with you. Snowshoe has some decent slopes, but nothing like Canaan or Timberline. Back in high school, I used to race Nastar, and in college I was on the Ski Patrol for a couple seasons, so I've skied at most all of the places around here many, many, many times. Snowshoe is more for the beginner, I think. I think Timberline is the best around here, with Canaan being a close second. I prefer Silver Creek to Snowshoe as well. Snowshoe is nice when Widowmaker and Cupp Run is open, but that usually only happens a few days a year,

I don't know anything about the terrain parks, though. I'm not a snowboarder, and I'm too old to be doing all kinds of tricks on my skis.

But, to each his own, I guess...

That's where we disagree. I think the conditions are better at Snowshoe, hence my previous comment, and hence why they get more snow - to my knowledge.

You need to understand that for the guys on here, and younger adults in my generation are snowboarders - at least 90% of them... Snowshoe is where it's at for all the boarders around here, go to Backcountry, Freestyle, or any boarding places around here - the guys will all swear by Snowshoe. There are the sick runs at both terrain parks at Snowshoe, and at times when they get dumped on by snow, the pine trees will bend over by the weight and you can ride off them - if you're good at it. You won't get conditions like that at Timberline usually. I grew up going to Timberline with the family, then switched to Snowshoe as I got older and more into terrain parks. I love bombing down the black diamonds are Timberline and Snowshoe at least part of the day - but the majority of our time is spent at the park. So that's where we can agree to disagree. My response to your first post was in regard to someone really into snowboarding (and generally into the terrain parks).

I do like Timberline's park when it's up and running, they have some great jumps - but it just doesn't compare to the two parks at Snowshoe. I also enjoy the many various runs you can make at Timberline, great trails, but I still like most of the trails at Snowshoe as well. Again, Timberline is great cause its less crowded, easier for families; and it does have several challenging runs, but both places have plenty of neat trails to go on.... I just don't like how packed Snowshoe gets during the week.

Last edited by Heiss M3; 12-14-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Registered Member

That's actually another reason I dislike Snowshoe. For every person that can actually snowboard, there are like 8000 who can't, and are too stupid to realize they can't. I'm all for learning, practicing, etc. But, I can't tell you how many times at Snowshoe I've been hit or almost hit by someone snowboarding down a slope that is too advanced for them. People think they can rent a board, spend 30 minutes on the green slope, and then ride any slope on the mountain. They should realize that when they can't get on and off the lift correctly, they may need more practice. You don't get nearly as many idiots at Timberline/Canaan as you do at Snowshoe.

I actually had a brand new carbon fiber pole snapped in half a few years back by a newbie snowboarder on Cupp Run. I was behind a tree, up off the side of the slope waiting for a friend, and somehow this dumbass kid ran into me (I didn't even see him coming, and have no idea how he hit me). He got up, said "sorry, it's my first time", and went on down the mountain. By the time I figured out what had happened I couldn't find him.

Now, I'm not anti-snowboard by any means. I have absolutely no problem with snowboarders. I do, however, have a problem with idiots who think they can ride anything out there the first time they try it. And, in my experience, you get that a LOT more at Snowshoe than most anywhere else.

Last edited by Cosmo; 12-15-2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Capitalist Pig

That's actually another reason I dislike Snowshoe. For every person that can actually snowboard, there are like 8000 who can't, and are too stupid to realize they can't. I'm all for learning, practicing, etc. But, I can't tell you how many times at Snowshoe I've been hit or almost hit by someone snowboarding down a slope that is too advanced for them. People think they can rent a board, spend 30 minutes on the green slope, and then ride any slope on the mountain. They should realize that when they can't get on and off the lift correctly, they may need more practice. You don't get nearly as many idiots at Timberline/Canaan as you do at Snowshoe.

I actually had a brand new carbon fiber pole snapped in half a few years back by a newbie snowboarder on Cupp Run. I was behind a tree, up off the side of the slope waiting for a friend, and somehow this dumbass kid ran into me (I didn't even see him coming, and have no idea how he hit me). He got up, said "sorry, it's my first time", and went on down the mountain. By the time I figured out what had happened I couldn't find him.

Now, I'm not anti-snowboard by any means. I have absolutely no problem with snowboarders. I do, however, have a problem with idiots who think they can ride anything out there the first time they try it. And, in my experience, you get that a LOT more at Snowshoe than most anywhere else.
That's why we go way off to the side of the mountain and ride the trails that are still "closed" - they're the most fun, and most crazy cause they get giant snow drifts from lack of grooming. Mostly powder.

I HATE inexperience boarders out there, same with skiers. Can't stand them haha
Old 12-15-2008, 05:59 PM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

yeah that was sick wasnt it
Old 12-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
That's why we go way off to the side of the mountain and ride the trails that are still "closed" - they're the most fun, and most crazy cause they get giant snow drifts from lack of grooming. Mostly powder.

I HATE inexperience boarders out there, same with skiers. Can't stand them haha
Ahh.... so you're the type of guy it was my job to track down when I was on the ski patrol, huh?

It wasn't too bad, though, as part of the patrol we could legally ski anywhere on the mountain we wanted to. Got to ride the snowmobiles up and down the trails as well...
Old 12-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Capitalist Pig

Ahh.... so you're the type of guy it was my job to track down when I was on the ski patrol, huh?

It wasn't too bad, though, as part of the patrol we could legally ski anywhere on the mountain we wanted to. Got to ride the snowmobiles up and down the trails as well...
Haha yes, you can put it that way. We did it when no one was around so that we didn't attract the attention of others. We did it multiple times and no ski patrol people went after us, so it worked out alright.

Its really is fun though, even going through the woods - when there is enough snow - is a blast.

Quick Reply: Cabins at Winterplace or Snowshoe