Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Can anyone change the alternator in my 00 Civic (d16y7) ASAP? Harrisonburg, VA (JMU)

Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Shooting 63's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Can anyone change the alternator in my 00 Civic (d16y7) ASAP? Harrisonburg, VA (JMU)

Hey guys, figures I have the shittiest timing.

Seems like the alternator has gone to shit on my stock 00 Civic. Got home from dinner, realized forgot something, and the car wouldn't turn back on. Jumped the car, got it running, turn it off...car won't start back up.

When you come to a stop, the car almost dies while sitting there, and actually did while pulling into my apartment complex parking lot.

So I need someone to replace this (rather than spending a fucking assload at a shop) ASAP. I graduate on Saturday, and will be headed back to VB Sunday. If I had the shop/tools myself I would be happy to do so, but with finals coming up, I don't have the time for it.

Let me know if you have suggestions, would rather not take it to Honda and get raped for such a simple task.

Thanks.
PM me with contact info and I will get back asap.
Levi
Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: Can anyone change the alternator in my 00 Civic (d16y7) ASAP? Harrisonburg, VA (

And yes, before anyone makes a comment...I will pay for you to have this done.

Thanks. I want this done over the WEEKEND if possible.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only
Default Re: Can anyone change the alternator in my 00 Civic (d16y7) ASAP? Harrisonburg, VA (

u sure its the alternator? listening to your description sounds like it could be several other things. if i were you i wouldnt waste money on an alternator install unless i knew 100% for sure. the other possibilities are much less expensive and can be fixed with screw drivers and a socket set.

for instance, your fuel pump could be going bad. i had the same issue youre describing and it turned out to be that.

if you dont have a multimeter, jump start it again and take that shit to autozone. they will check your alt for free.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Shooting 63's

Originally Posted by Hondas_Only
u sure its the alternator? listening to your description sounds like it could be several other things. if i were you i wouldnt waste money on an alternator install unless i knew 100% for sure. the other possibilities are much less expensive and can be fixed with screw drivers and a socket set.

for instance, your fuel pump could be going bad. i had the same issue youre describing and it turned out to be that.

if you dont have a multimeter, jump start it again and take that shit to autozone. they will check your alt for free.
Ya, I'm looking at doing that...as long as they jumpstart me to get me back haha.

I can seriously guarantee it is the alternator. Car is 100% stock, kept up with all maintenance...but is the typical shit alternator from all my past experiences.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Registered member

thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone

Ouch that sucks. Why can't you do it your self? I have never worked on a Honda so I'm not going to offer. -JB- might be able to help. It is agreed to take the car to AZ and have them check the charging system.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Automotive Slave

FiascoXL has disabled reputation

If this wasnt my weekend to work, I'd be more than happy to help and wouldnt want no more than what it take in gas to get there. Im on graveyard to so I'll be sleeping through most of the daylight. Hope you find some help.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:01 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

My buddy is a tech here at nissan and said he can do it for you today if you want. He can come to where the car is and do it if need be. LMK.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Shooting 63's

Originally Posted by thegrimone
Ouch that sucks. Why can't you do it your self? I have never worked on a Honda so I'm not going to offer. -JB- might be able to help. It is agreed to take the car to AZ and have them check the charging system.
Yup, taking it to Autozone here shortly to have everything checked.

No tools to do it, if I was home...it would be done already. Personally I'd rather give someone some cash to get it done so I don't have to screw with it.

Originally Posted by FiascoXL
If this wasnt my weekend to work, I'd be more than happy to help and wouldnt want no more than what it take in gas to get there. Im on graveyard to so I'll be sleeping through most of the daylight. Hope you find some help.
Appreciate the thought.

Originally Posted by JROW
My buddy is a tech here at nissan and said he can do it for you today if you want. He can come to where the car is and do it if need be. LMK.
Pm'ed.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Shooting 63's

Fixed it. Gracias.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered member

thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone thegrimone

Good to hear.

Quick Reply: Can anyone change the alternator in my 00 Civic (d16y7) ASAP? Harrisonburg, VA (JMU)