Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Car Clubs

Old 01-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Re: Car Clubs

Originally Posted by rredontheheadd
hmmmm....I dont think weve gotten that deep yet....been to a few shows but then winter came along.....DAMNIT!!!! But there werent any club points involved in the shows we went to....plus the classics won all the time anyways so we just went to have fun and support the other clubs in the area.
We were an import club other then the shelby kit car that we had but mostly all imports, so the shows we went to were mainly all imports. We would all ride out to the classic car shows to look at the cars and to talk to people we knew.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I was kind of surprised that the American car clubs are sometimes even worse than the import clubs. When I had my Corvette, I was part of the Corvette club here in town. They are the biggest bunch of whining bitches (especially the guys) that I have ever met. It's 100% political, and it's like high school all over again. Certain people weren't "cool" enough to be invited to all the events. I was looked down on because I had a 73 Stingray, and most of the cars were newer C4's/C5's. Because I didn't spend as much as they did on their car, I wasn't good enough for them.

Next time they are out at one of the car shows or something, go by and talk to them and see for yourself...
Old 01-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Madison Motorsports

96gsr will become famous soon enough

I think it's important to pick an aspect of automotives and stick with it. I'm the current President of Madison Motorsports, the motorsports club at JMU. We mostly focus on doing auto-x, track events, and karting; but we also do things like yearly car shows, race shop tours (ferrari of washington), and scenic drives. Just don't let it get too political and you'll be fine. Be open to anyone that wants to join, but stand firm on the objectives and expectations of your members and you will naturally weed out those who's views/interests don't align with your clubs. It's worked great for us, we started out 5 years ago with a handful of guys and now have over 50 active members both students and alumni.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:36 AM
oh noes

1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts

talk to team dohc....they are doing pretty well as a car club,decent size also.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:57 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by 1sol2nv
talk to team dohc....they are doing pretty well as a car club,decent size also.

...but the name? It's gotta go.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:52 PM
oh noes

1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
...but the name? It's gotta go.

hey i mean i didnt come up with it and as far as i know every one of them have DOHC'S even the domestics so i guess it works.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Haha yeah I chuckled at the name. Nothing wrong with it, just looks funny, usually not something people would claim or put outright as their club name - seeing as it would be funny to be SOHC and in the club.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

The name TeamDOHC is just that a Name nothing more nothing less ..... and btw we did have a sohc turbo civic but now she swapped motors for an LS and also not all the cars are Hondas.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:17 AM
oh noes

chicken noodle soup!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:17 AM
wanna play?

rredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond repute

What I did was go to local forums around the area and posted threads to find people that had the same interests as I did. I found a really huge following on the cobalt sites. We planned pretty much everything through the forum and then set up a meeting schedule....then when we got together we voted on officers....we dont get involved with the polictics....we are just out there to help out each other and have fun with our cars. We have mod days, track days, two meetings a month, and we are trying to plan some outings. So far weve been to about three shows and cant wait for the spring to get here. We started the club in November time frame and have about 22 members...and still recruiting for more.

Quick Reply: Car Clubs