Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!

Old 05-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Bro'd Out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito
Default Re: Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!

just go to court cry your balls out...make yourself look like a fool...and maybe the judge will think that's punishment enough.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Banned

Hayashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TibNRice
just go to court cry your balls out...make yourself look like a fool...and maybe the judge will think that's punishment enough.
i think i am gonig to go to court and just accept what the outcome is.. but i am going to fight it w.o a lawyer... i heard its a pain to deal with all that stuff.. so i'll just drive slow or somthing from now on
Old 05-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

Originally Posted by Hayashi
so i'll just drive slow or somthing from now on
don't lie to yourself...
Old 05-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Banned

Hayashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TibNRice
don't lie to yourself...
i drove slow today.. like only 10 over the speed limit thats pretty slow
Old 05-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Cosmo likes to blow!

hitmanG35 is an unknown quantity at this point

since i used to be a donut muncher too. i would say stick with the "9 your fine 10 your mine" rule. 10 and over is asking for trouble
Old 05-05-2004, 08:27 PM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Has anyone here thrown out the idea of "HEY MY SPEEDOMETER WAS OFF, OR IT WAS NOT WORKING"

it got me out of 50 in a 35. even tho i seriously was not doing 50 in 2nd gear at 3,000 rpm in a 4cyl turbo going around a right 30 degree turn/bend.

stupid stupid cop wanting to fill his quota or screw with local college kids. I even worked on that guys dept's computers for cheap and he still screwed with me for kicks. I show the cops here respect and I get screwed. but in the court dates they always get dropped. I never call a lawyer.

Go to your local car dealership, ask them about getting your speedometer checked, explain that you got caught speeding, and you had no speedometer. for you it may require a bit of lying, for me it did not, my friend jerked out the wire from my speed sensor, while we were taking out my tranny to change my clutch, idiot forgot to disconnect it from the tranny.

they should give you a receipt saying your speedometer works, you may have to pay a fee for the recipt because if you do not, and you show the DA you got your speedometer checked for free, he will look at you funny like mine did. even tho i still got mine dropped. and if anything, you can always extend the court date and THEN get a lawyer... good luck man

You always have, driving school, the speedometer excuse, and prayer for judgement. the judgement is your last savior card.

Next time you get pulled over and he claims one speed and you KNOW you were going slower. ask to see the speed detector. if he does not let you, then he can not write the ticket. He has to write what is shown on the radar, even though some cops do like to change it if your nice. Sometimes they're radar IS off reguardless of what any cop will tell you. Depending on the location of the cop, to the driver vs the speed and anything between the cop and the speeder. I have worked on they're equipment and I know how it works BTW radar detectors will NOT save your ass, but they will tell you when you are about to get burned, lol.

Last edited by elementalwindx; 05-05-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:46 AM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
Next time you get pulled over and he claims one speed and you KNOW you were going slower. ask to see the speed detector. if he does not let you, then he can not write the ticket.

WRONG

Sometimes they're radar IS off reguardless of what any cop will tell you. Depending on the location of the cop, to the driver vs the speed and anything between the cop and the speeder.
Like cosine effect? Where the vehicle in question is actually going faster then what is on radar? Sorry again, but unless the radar operator is an idiot (and im not ruling that out) there are very few instances where a radar will give a wrong speed thats high, this is one reason why it is used so much and is rarely questioned by a judge.

Dont listen to this guy, if you get caught lying, its going to be worse. You seem like your willing to take responsibility for what you did wrong, let the judge know that and that you have changed the way you drive and how you view the priviledge of driving, and you have your best defense right there.

Last edited by VT_453; 05-06-2004 at 01:49 AM.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:16 AM
Registered Member

B16bEJ1 has disabled reputation

when i got my wreckless 87 in a 55 few years back i went to the D.I. class before court and they said since i had the initiative to go on my own they dropped it to 69 in a 55 and i had a choice of 40 hrs comunity time or just pay the court and fine. i paid fuck community service. the way i see it i got 4 points for that. and every year in va with no tickets you get 2 good points. so i've been good well i havent gotten caught. so it kinda canx. the ticket out.

shoulda told the cop you hadda poop!
Old 05-06-2004, 02:19 AM
Registered Member

B16bEJ1 has disabled reputation

Next time you get pulled over and he claims one speed and you KNOW you were going slower. ask to see the speed detector. if he does not let you, then he can not write the ticket.
BULLSHIT!!!!! he can still give you a ticket. you just have a 90% chance of beating it.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:31 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

it got me out of 50 in a 35. even tho i seriously was not doing 50 in 2nd gear at 3,000 rpm in a 4cyl turbo going around a right 30 degree turn/bend.

stupid stupid cop wanting to fill his quota or screw with local college kids. .

so you are pissed at him for doing his job just because you were caught doing something illegal? seems to me its that way......

as for the speedo thing.....it works sometimes....however, i find it kinda strange and odd that someone will go into court, and SWEAR UNDER OATH that that is why they were speeding, when in reality, it is a mere cop-out so they dont have to deal with the concequences of their actions.

you never see most people that are responsible and take accountability for their own actions bitching about getting a ticket for something they did......most of the time. never once have i complained about getting my 81/65 ticket in NY on the interstate.....that is because i knew that if i got caught speeding, i would have to pay the price.

its called accountability for your own actions........look into it.

Quick Reply: Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!