Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Concerts?

Old 11-23-2006, 07:27 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Concerts?

Are there going to be any fucking concerts in the somewhat near future, or what? It seems like we haven't had very many big shows in Roanoke in the last few years. There have been a few big name country artists (and yes, I do like country too... I'm not discriminating) but that's about all in the last couple years.

I know Breaking Benjamin is going to be playing at Cattle Annies, but I have to work and can't make it.

Anyone know of any good upcoming shows in Roanoke or Lynchburg other than that? What's the status of the new colliseum that they were talking about building after tearing down the Victory Stadium?
Old 11-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Crv-tec ??

BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK
Default Re: Concerts?

Brand new is coming to lynchburg coll. on december 2nd i think
Old 11-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

diamondstargsx has disabled reputation

no shit,i miss the concerts!
Old 11-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

breaking benjamin is comming to cattilanties in l burg on the 27th or monday whatever you perfer. thats the only concert ive heard about
Old 11-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

John Mayer - Feb. 7 at Roanoke Civic Center

Yes, I like John Mayer, and I'm not ashamed to admit it...
Old 11-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

haha, we don't really get good bands around here. Check out some of the local scene. Savior Bullets is pretty good.

I'm debating on heading out to norfolk on the 29th for the deftones concert...
Old 11-24-2006, 07:02 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo
John Mayer - Feb. 7 at Roanoke Civic Center

Yes, I like John Mayer, and I'm not ashamed to admit it...
Yes, I like John Mayer too.. I'd love to go, but I doubt I'll be able to get out of work. Why aren't there any good concerts on a Saturday night? My new shift/job requires me to work until 11PM on call.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:24 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

i've already accepted that you have to travel to see any good shows.
what kind of music exactly are you looking to see?

the complex that was to go be built is now a no-go last i heard.
Chris
Old 11-25-2006, 05:57 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by TNGChris
i've already accepted that you have to travel to see any good shows.
what kind of music exactly are you looking to see?

the complex that was to go be built is now a no-go last i heard.
Chris
It's a shame. I've seen some great concerts in Roanoke!

Hell, even White Zombie came to Roanoke! ...I've seen (in Roanoke alone) White Zombie, Kiss, Metallica, Bush (twice), No Doubt, RHCP, etc etc etc. Of course, the most recent good show was probably two years ago.

I don't think I'll ever go to another rap concert; I've seen many of them and only one or two were any good. I've seen Nelly, Amerie, 50 Cent, Pastor Troy, Fat Joe, BIG TYMERS (met Baby, Mannie, and Lil Wayne downtown after the show in NC... fucking coolest people I've ever met in person! very down to earth), and probably others that I'm leaving out. Rap shows are just harder for me to handle because there are usually so many people moving and jumping around on the stage with a microphone in their hands and they're all yelling at the same time. Nelly put on a pretty good show, and so did Cash Money (Big Tymers/Lil Wayne).

Anyway, I've been to a lot of concerts, and I don't mind traveling, but I just don't understand why we don't have more good shows coming here. There used to be at least a few good concerts a year.. At LEAST! I still remember the Bush concerts. Man, they're incredible live! Even if you hate Bush, they still sound better live than in the studio recording their albums if you ask me! Great show.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
It's a shame. I've seen some great concerts in Roanoke!

Hell, even White Zombie came to Roanoke! ...I've seen (in Roanoke alone) White Zombie, Kiss, Metallica, Bush (twice), No Doubt, RHCP, etc etc etc. Of course, the most recent good show was probably two years ago.

I don't think I'll ever go to another rap concert; I've seen many of them and only one or two were any good. I've seen Nelly, Amerie, 50 Cent, Pastor Troy, Fat Joe, BIG TYMERS (met Baby, Mannie, and Lil Wayne downtown after the show in NC... fucking coolest people I've ever met in person! very down to earth), and probably others that I'm leaving out. Rap shows are just harder for me to handle because there are usually so many people moving and jumping around on the stage with a microphone in their hands and they're all yelling at the same time. Nelly put on a pretty good show, and so did Cash Money (Big Tymers/Lil Wayne).

Anyway, I've been to a lot of concerts, and I don't mind traveling, but I just don't understand why we don't have more good shows coming here. There used to be at least a few good concerts a year.. At LEAST! I still remember the Bush concerts. Man, they're incredible live! Even if you hate Bush, they still sound better live than in the studio recording their albums if you ask me! Great show.
yeah,i've seen some god shows here.Metallica(And Justice For All tour),Poison(come on,you know theyr'e cool!),Motley Crue(Dr Feelgood tour and the recent tour),Doobie Brothers,DMB when they played Victory Stadium,ZZ Top and Skynard...plenty of others.we just don't get shows like that much anymore.
best thing i've found locally is you'll have some of the not-so-huge names that play smaller venues(like the Breaking Benjamin show coming up).i completely understand your comment on hip-hop shows,but i saw the Roots at Ferrum College a few years ago(and also in Richmond)and Murs at Awful Arthurs last winter.both are amazing shows in any respect-even compared to a good rock concert.you couldn't make me go to any of the popular artists' rap shows though.

it sucks,but i've traveled to the Nissan Pavilion and several places in NC to see concerts...it's either travel or nothing.i guess there's just so many better venues in the region(like Nissan Pavilion and John Paul Jones Arena)that promoters pick these places over Roanoke.not to mention the overall poor attendance for the most part here.
Chris

Quick Reply: Concerts?