Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Considering to put the talon back on the road....

Old 04-03-2006, 06:01 AM
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Considering to put the talon back on the road....

As many of you know my talon has not been on the road for almost 3 years. I am entertaining the thought of putting it back on the road this summer before I try to sell it again when the baby comes in the fall.

For those of you who do not know; I took the talon off the road shortly after losing control one day and going over a river and through the woods(in a nutshell)... backwards. It endured minor damage.. basically smashed intercooler, ripping my bumpers off, bending my exhaust upwards and in return melting some of my rear bumper and taillights.

So all is fixed and ready to be put back on the road except for a small coolant leak that I have to take care of. But before I put it back on the road I would like to know if the local enforcements have toned down on their ticket giving. I do not want to be getting 5-6 tickets everytime I try to drive it out again. That is one thing I will not get back into.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:40 AM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Considering to put the talon back on the road....

LoL...Mr....iam saving my money for a house...BULL SHIT......gotta get into something..last week it was mudding..now it's street again....

Damn kids
Old 04-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Ivy Tadita

Oh it's still wheeling. I just want to be able to drive my talon again before I have to sell her but not at the risk where I will be getting pulled over everytime I take her out.

Plus, I believe it is part of pre-parenthood syndrome. Just my way of saying to the world... i'm a toys-r-us kid.

Last edited by cootees; 04-03-2006 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:08 AM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cootees
Oh it's still wheeling. I just want to be able to drive my talon again before I have to sell her but not at the risk where I will be getting pulled over everytime I take her out.

Plus, I believe it is part of pre-parenthood syndrome. Just my way of saying to the world... i'm a toys-r-us kid.

LoL.....your kid is going to be 6 months old and turning wrenches....by the time he/she is 4 years old....it wont have a playskool car...it would have a freckin 22hp go-kart with twin turbo chargers...why....because it built it....lol
Old 04-03-2006, 07:13 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Has it really been almost 3 years? Jesus Christ bro.. Time really flies!

I miss the good old days.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Ivy Tadita

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
LoL.....your kid is going to be 6 months old and turning wrenches....by the time he/she is 4 years old....it wont have a playskool car...it would have a freckin 22hp go-kart with twin turbo chargers...why....because it built it....lol
If I were having a son I would say you are right... but it may be a little harder to get my daughter to start turning wrenches.. but she will have it down by the time she turns 12. I will turn her into daddys little grease monkey yet. Marie will love that.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Ivy Tadita

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Has it really been almost 3 years? Jesus Christ bro.. Time really flies!

I miss the good old days.
Yup... almost 3 years since the talon has been off the road. You gotta remember though since then I have had the integra and the eclipse, and now the 4 runner. Next year I am buying a tvr.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:26 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by cootees
Yup... almost 3 years since the talon has been off the road. You gotta remember though since then I have had the integra and the eclipse, and now the 4 runner. Next year I am buying a tvr.
I know you've had several cars since, but what I really remember you from is the good ol' Talon dragging the ground.

Wonder what ever happened to the old crew anyway? Seen any of the regulars lately?
Old 04-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Ivy Tadita

HA, the ole crew. Which clique is that? You'r old buddies that you can not stand anymore... no I never see them. I still talk to Mark some. Other than that... I usually do not hang out with anyone except for Chris and Gary and some of my 4wheeling buddies.

You remember her back when I got her.... here is some food for your thought.

fyi: she has been raised back up and cleaned up alot. Just needs paint now.

Still waiting for an answer to my question.

Last edited by cootees; 04-03-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:57 AM
wub wub wub wub

I wasn't referring to Todd and all them.. I meant everyone else we all hung out with. I heard Russ and Mindy aren't together anymore.. I forgot who told me that, but I was surprised. All the old heads.. Remember?

Yes, I remember when you got the car.

As for cops these days.. I don't know. I don't really stand out the way you guys do. They don't really seem to look at my car as a ricey import stereotype. Never been messed with about tint, or the exhaust (knock on wood) but I don't drive a Civic hatchback with a ridiculously loud pea-shooter exhaust on it.

Quick Reply: Considering to put the talon back on the road....