Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

cox cable vs satellite

Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Hello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality
Default Re: cox cable vs satellite

I'm actually switching to DTV for tv and leaving cox for internet. i'm excited about their 29.99 deal for 150 channels ( i really only care about getting FSC and fuel so for $30 i'm stoked).

If i had the choice i would go vios but.. alas, not our apt building.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone. I might just see what the upgrade to digital will provide us. In Feb. everyone will make the change so I am unsure of what the benefit will be. I don't want to call them and have them sell me something that isn't worth the extra money.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

whoa... the upgrade to digital? your shit is already broadcast in digital, they're just going to stop broadcasting in analog - you don't have rabbit ears, do you?
Old 01-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ....AJ....
I dont think ill ever fuckin get fios. shit aint available in my area. the fuck is the point in providing a service if half the damn country cant get it.

Well, the problem is the time that it takes to install Fios and the cost associated with that. Basicly, they have to replace every copper wire on the original system with a fiber optic cable/strand. It's a timely proccess.

I probably get 10 calls a day from people like yourself that want the service.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by FRCE PWR
Well, the problem is the time that it takes to install Fios and the cost associated with that. Basicly, they have to replace every copper wire on the original system with a fiber optic cable/strand. It's a timely proccess.

I probably get 10 calls a day from people like yourself that want the service.
Then get off your lazy fucking ass and do it!

Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Parents have DirecTV, I have Cox extended/digital/HD

To be honest, there isn't much of a difference imo. DirecTV can lose reception is heavy storming or heavy snows/ice, and I have heard they don't have local channels in HD. I do like Cox's on demand movie orders. You don't have to wait until the scheduled movie to start playing, but that isn't a big deal either way.

I would choose based on whatever is cheapest imo, and the amount of HD channels available if thats important to you now or soon in the future. They should each what HD channels are available.

I don't think you can lose either way honestly, both services have been great..
Old 01-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by idkfa
whoa... the upgrade to digital? your shit is already broadcast in digital, they're just going to stop broadcasting in analog - you don't have rabbit ears, do you?

LOL, no. I don't know anyone using those. As far as digital I am just going off of what there website labels each package. If they would drop all the nascar and monster truck racing I could live off of the speed channel for the most part.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:43 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by MVaughn
LOL, no. I don't know anyone using those. As far as digital I am just going off of what there website labels each package. If they would drop all the nascar and monster truck racing I could live off of the speed channel for the most part.
I've caught myself watching the monster trucks when they're doing freestyle, but I'm not particularly interested in the actual monster truck racing.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:46 AM
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

i dunno i got dishnetwork an i like it pretty good. specially the dvr recordin my fav shows an pausing an rewinding live tv........ it tickles my fancy
Old 01-26-2009, 04:17 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

I used to install for direct/dish problem is major storms...tree foliage and wind damage....sometimes you get an contrator for dish and they leave your house all messed up or just an bad lookin install.....

Hate to say it alot of the people that have dish cant eaither get cable or they were cut off from cable for not paying there damn bill

Yes cable (and DBS) are affected via sun spots (twice an year for roughly an hour an day for two weeks)

Cable is the lesser of all the evils

One line does it all

Dish has an HUGE dish for HD and has to have an cable for each LNB vs cable ONE feeder into the splitter...Not 5 lines for 5 LNB's than an jack legged mulitplexer behind every box to split the box into "two" one phsyical box, One virtual box RThats how dish does two tv's off one box

Plus who really wants that dish mounted through there roof with lag bolts....That leak..

Now...FTTH (Fiber to the Home, Also know as FIOS) Hairline glass optical tube packed in kevlar and an strengh member. SNAP Oh shit you just lost ALL of your servicies

Fiber is very easly damaged....There main line can have up to 250 pairs of optical cable they would have to splice in case of an tree limb or downed pole....thats roughly 24 hours worth of non-stop restoration work...You gotta find a non damaged section, Cut out the damaged section clean/splice in new sections (splice at both ends with fushion splicer) rehang and relash fiber

God forbid it gets damaged under a roadway! Directional Bore Machine's arnt cheap to get out at 3am

veruse good ole copper and hardline cable splice boot and go (30 minutes to splice hardline cable)
Yea...Just my .02

Quick Reply: cox cable vs satellite