Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

"Cruise night" - this Sunday?

Old 07-07-2005, 03:45 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: "Cruise night" - this Sunday?

Originally Posted by GaRn
I think for street/streetable cars, 4 cyl's and v8's are pretty even in capabilities...

of course when it comes to the big boys we know the 8's will win, obviously..

I really don't know of THAT many FWD Honda's that concentrate on dragging, there are those few that try to I guess, but I think its kinda silly b/c they run low 11's at like 135+ mph or higher.. I have a vid of one guy with 800+ whp, he ran a 10.7 or so at 144 mph... umm yea get a RWD car if thats what you are trying to do lol..

And I don't necessarily disagree with the fact that 4 cylinders are silly for a strictly drag racing application, in a sense.. but at the same time, why not? My car is not a drag car. It's a car that I drive to and from work everyday. I don't take it to the track on a trailer, nor do I think I ever really want to. That's the whole point. If I wanted a car that ran 8's in the 1/4, it would be powered with a V8. If I want to have a car that sips gas but surprises some of the "big boys" at the stop light next to me, I'll continue driving my turbo 4-cylinder, and continue modding it. There are plenty of fast 4-cylinders, but I don't necessarily disagree with the fact that there's no replacement for displacement. I don't think it's pointless to have a 4-cylinder drag car either, with that said.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

Yeah, we drive them every day at work too. The other day a customer had to be treated for whiplash when he mistakenly revved it up and dumped the clutch. They said he injured his neck and he is gonna sue the company.
Just kidding!!! Anyways, good luck with your GTI. It's not my thing, but that what makes us all different I guess. I think I'll check out of this thread now.

Steve
Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
And I don't necessarily disagree with the fact that 4 cylinders are silly for a strictly drag racing application, in a sense.. but at the same time, why not? My car is not a drag car. It's a car that I drive to and from work everyday. I don't take it to the track on a trailer, nor do I think I ever really want to. That's the whole point. If I wanted a car that ran 8's in the 1/4, it would be powered with a V8. If I want to have a car that sips gas but surprises some of the "big boys" at the stop light next to me, I'll continue driving my turbo 4-cylinder, and continue modding it. There are plenty of fast 4-cylinders, but I don't necessarily disagree with the fact that there's no replacement for displacement. I don't think it's pointless to have a 4-cylinder drag car either, with that said.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:09 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by FRCE PWR
Yeah, we drive them every day at work too. The other day a customer had to be treated for whiplash when he mistakenly revved it up and dumped the clutch. They said he injured his neck and he is gonna sue the company.
Just kidding!!! Anyways, good luck with your GTI. It's not my thing, but that what makes us all different I guess. I think I'll check out of this thread now.

Steve
Fuck First Team. I don't know how you two do it.. Guess I just wasn't cut out for that shit.

I'll take you for a ride sometime and I think you'll honestly be surprised. Wouldn't hold a candle to the Cobra but you'd be surprised none the less.. The 1.8T responds to bolt-ons and software better than any other modern 4-cylinder powerplant I know of. Most of the dyno charts I've seen net at least 50-60 ft-lbs of torque from software alone, at default boost settings. I've changed my gearing, added limited slip, changed my N75 valve, stronger clutch, lighter flywheel, and turned up the boost among minor modifications. The difference between stock and chipped, alone, is beyond anything I ever imagined it would be.