Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Custom computer cases..

Old 12-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Custom computer cases..

Originally Posted by fc735
beware if you make a DSM case.....it would require you to fix it every other day.
HAHAHAHAHAAHHA that was hilarious
Old 12-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

oh yea.. for you guys that want a great PC for the money and don't wanna build it.. check out..

www.cyberpowerpc.com

I have priced components on a few setups and you can't build a PC for as cheap as you can buy it from them.. I would still rather build b/c its fun but you can't deny the deal!
Old 12-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Skinny White Kid

racinGSRstyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cootees
The reason for that is the computers that are prebuilt use cheap components. If you were to build a pc using the same components as a prebuilt one then you would save a lot of money. However... for those of us that want good quality stuff (asus, geforce, amd64 ) then we are going to spend more for a pc with the same clock speed as a prebuilt.. but I guarantee you that it will last longer too as long as you don't oc it too high.
exactly, unless it specifically states what specific parts are, you probably won't end up with pc3200 or better ram when you buy a HP or whichever company you like. just for example.

as far as that cyberpower website goes, i built a pc with a near exact copy of my desktop on their website and it came out to practically 400 bucks more expensive...and that doesnt include the $65 shipping fee for the system, whereas the cost of mine i compared it with did.

depends on how much that warranty is worth to you, i guess.

Last edited by racinGSRstyle; 12-30-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

The only way your going to get a rebuilt computer that will touch a custom computer as fare as parts used to build it is if you go with something like a Alienware computer. You will find that most computers you by prebuilt have integrated everything, ex the integrated sound card and video card into the motherboard.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZeRo_C0oL
http://www.ocforums.com/archive/index.php/t-70812.html ? ...just skimmed over it but looks like a "how to"

As for another forum, check out [H]ard|Forums... I've been on there for like 4 years now! Nothing but computer nerds. Lots of case modders on there with plenty of DIY guides, I'm sure.. lol www.hardforums.com
Trying to find sand paper in those grains is a bitch around here...
Old 12-30-2004, 10:27 PM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
Trying to find sand paper in those grains is a bitch around here...
walmart is your best friend They have up to 2000 grit in the automotive section, all the way down to I believe 200 grit.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

they have 200 800 1000 and 2000, and that's on a good if they actually have everything stocked that is listed on the racks...
Old 12-31-2004, 11:28 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by racinGSRstyle
exactly, unless it specifically states what specific parts are, you probably won't end up with pc3200 or better ram when you buy a HP or whichever company you like. just for example.

as far as that cyberpower website goes, i built a pc with a near exact copy of my desktop on their website and it came out to practically 400 bucks more expensive...and that doesnt include the $65 shipping fee for the system, whereas the cost of mine i compared it with did.

depends on how much that warranty is worth to you, i guess.
whats your pc setup?

I'd like to see anyone put together a system for $600 with all new parts that is comparable to one you can get from cyberpower..
Old 12-31-2004, 10:00 PM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
whats your pc setup?

I'd like to see anyone put together a system for $600 with all new parts that is comparable to one you can get from cyberpower..
Garan, dont try me man Don't make me pull out the list of whole salers and distributers I know.

Anyone wanna try a lil project?

How about someone (im too lazy too right now, its 2005 now) state the specs, and everyone here browse the web, call everyone they know, whatever, and state the prices and type of person/business/whatever you would be buying from of that exact hardware It would be a fun lil thing to try. On your mark, ready, set, GO!
Old 01-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
Garan, dont try me man Don't make me pull out the list of whole salers and distributers I know.

Anyone wanna try a lil project?

How about someone (im too lazy too right now, its 2005 now) state the specs, and everyone here browse the web, call everyone they know, whatever, and state the prices and type of person/business/whatever you would be buying from of that exact hardware It would be a fun lil thing to try. On your mark, ready, set, GO!
You can build a comparble PC for a bit cheaper, but you have to admit cyberpowerpc is probably the best option if you don't build.. Alienware is the biggest rip off I have ever seen lol.. here you can get exactly what you want, for cheap as hell to..

from cyberpowerpc-

athlon64 2800+
nice case w/420w ps
Abit KV8 Pro mobo
Geil value 512 mb pc3200
80 gb hd
shitty geforce4 fx5200 128mb
52x32x52 cdrw
flash media reader/writer
even a cheap mouse/keyboard!

total: $518 plus shipping..

from newegg-

athlon64 2800+ $115
comparable case/ps $45.85
maxtor 80 gb hd $55.45
geil value 512 pc3200 $82.00
abit kv8 pro $89
Lite-on 52x32x52 $21
leadtek geforce fx 5200 $50

total: $458.30 plus whatever shipping, some stuff is free shipping..

so not including the mouse/keyboard/6in1 flash reader/writer, I'd say its pretty damn close...

Quick Reply: Custom computer cases..