Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Damn Ricers

Old 12-22-2006, 02:21 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Unhappy Re: Damn Ricers

Originally Posted by manning
they do, but not in a jetta as far as i know.
That's not correct.

Originally Posted by hahaURslow
The don't I was making fun of it because of the year jetta it was
I'm aware of that.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Damn Ricers

Originally Posted by bad360rt

But seriously, can someone please explain to me what the deal is with having 18" rims on the back and stock steelies on the front? I see it everywhere on imports and I just don't understand it. Is it supposed to be for performance? Cause it sure as hell doesn't help in the looks dept LOL
it's mainly from alignment problems.the double wishbone suspension used on the newer Civics(88-00) and Integras(90-01)gains a lot of toe-out as you lower the car.most ricers are too stupid or cheap to get the car aligned.they then wear the inner 1" of front tires to cords in 5,000 miles.....no money for new 18" tirez yo,so throw the steelies back on the front.

most of them think it's camber that wears the tires out,and the only solution is a camber kit,which presents another problem since it moves the tops of the tires back out towards the fender lips,causing rubbing problems.

i run 3 degrees of negative camber all the way around on my hatch.with toe set at zero front and back,i wear tires out totally evenly across the tread.i get over 30k miles out of my street summer sport tires.

a $35 alignment job would save these ricers hundreds of dollars in tires,but......
chris
Old 12-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
That's not correct.
Yes it is. Metro's were 3 cylinder 1.3L's.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:09 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
And Chevy Sprints, had one lol
Old 12-22-2006, 04:33 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Last time I checked, Chevrolet/Geo didn't produce the Jetta.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Last time I checked, Chevrolet/Geo didn't produce the Jetta.
He didn't mean just that car...
Old 12-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I hate punk ass drivers like this.. usually 17 yr old wannabe thugs (or the mental capacity of one). I don't know WHY they think they have fast cars..

Atleast the definition of "ricer" has improved across the board now compared to the ignorance I have seen before regarding all imports.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HONDAS_ONLY
to all you guys throwing around that word ricer.... do you mind defining that word?
Its a newer name for the same type of ppl that have been around for years. They used to be called "squarrels(sp?) or "posers" which is still used today by ppl that are my age (mid 30s). Back in the day you would see a stone stock 6cyl camaro/mustang/etc with huge tires sticking out of the fenders, air shocks, glass pack mufflers, and racing stickers but they were 17 second rolling turd piles. Skip ahead a few decades and now you have the same thing only a different generation of ppl.

Rice doesnt always mean imports since a 6cyl F body with a huge wing, monster tach, and spinner hubcaps qualifies as rice just as much as any import with an equally large wing, neon windshield squirters, and fake carbon fiber. Nine times out of ten the driver/owner of either of these cars acts like a complete moron on the road to match the tasteless execution of the customisation of their car....idiot mods=idiot driver=rice from what Ive seen.

Just my .02 FWIW.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I think that sums it up quite well!
Old 12-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

Originally Posted by myclone
Its a newer name for the same type of ppl that have been around for years. They used to be called "squarrels(sp?) or "posers" which is still used today by ppl that are my age (mid 30s). Back in the day you would see a stone stock 6cyl camaro/mustang/etc with huge tires sticking out of the fenders, air shocks, glass pack mufflers, and racing stickers but they were 17 second rolling turd piles. Skip ahead a few decades and now you have the same thing only a different generation of ppl.

Rice doesnt always mean imports since a 6cyl F body with a huge wing, monster tach, and spinner hubcaps qualifies as rice just as much as any import with an equally large wing, neon windshield squirters, and fake carbon fiber. Nine times out of ten the driver/owner of either of these cars acts like a complete moron on the road to match the tasteless execution of the customisation of their car....idiot mods=idiot driver=rice from what Ive seen.

Just my .02 FWIW.
bingo we have a winner

Quick Reply: Damn Ricers