Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Damnit! I got a ticket.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gonzoe00 can only hope to improve
Default Re: Damnit! I got a ticket.

Originally Posted by DeadEvoVIII
i dunno, simple 'yes sir no sir' has gotten me out of tickets every time i've been pulled over in the R so far... of course it was jsut for tint or no front tag.
Fool I am talking about in court. Me talking to the judge
Old 06-27-2005, 08:20 AM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gonzoe00
Fool I am talking about in court. Me talking to the judge

fool, your posts crack me up! hahaha.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

your fucked, Unless you can give the judge a reason to have pitty on you. like
"sir i have not had a ticket in some odd years"
or
"It was late, I just got off work and i was ready to get home"
or
"I was very respectful to the officer, Yet he found his amusment in writing this ticket"
or
there was not a speed limit sign posted within a certain distance.

or this guys way
http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html
Old 06-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Just tell the judge you had to get to the bathroom really bad and you were trying to find someplace open at that time of night... and... let me know when you court date is so I can come and watch. lol
Old 06-27-2005, 08:53 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

The officer was nice.. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone or anything other than my own fault. I sped, I got a ticket that in a sense, I deserved. I'm not trying to get out of it, but if I can get it reduced, that would be fantastic. I'm not so much concerned about the fine right now... I'm concerned about the insurance rates, long term. I could just pay the fine like an idiot and suffer the consequences by having rising insurance rates, or I could take a few hours off of work and pray that the judge is willing to reduce it. Every time I've been in traffic court, they've reduced more than a handful of tickets just because.

The officer actually let me out of a couple of other tickets. I had expired tags (my new tags and stickers sitting in the passenger seat.. just hadn't put them on yet) and let me out of a ticket for my smoked plate covers. He was a nice guy, so no hard feelings for him doing his job. He had a hell of a spot. It was right past Ragazzi's headed towards Cave Spring Corners where the little bridge/underpass is, sitting in the shadow--in the dark.. lights off.. I pulled into the 711 across from MKB and when I left, I saw him duck back into that same spot and turn his lights off. I bet he picked off a number of people sitting there.

I should have known better than to not watch my speed in that part of the county. Like I said, it happens.. Happens to everyone sooner or later. That was probably karma biting me in the ass for even posting in that stupid brag about how many tickets you've had or gotten away with thread.... lol. Jackass.

I'll take my chances in court. Worst thing that could happen is I'll pay the fine that I would have paid instead of going to court... you know? I'd rather take the chance of having a judge that's in a good mood who will take into consideration that I admit I was at fault, and it was early in the morning/late at night, open road, polite with the officer, etc.. If that falls through, it will cost the same as it would have if I paid it straight out, or maybe even less. Sometimes they'll reduce the fine but not the points/speed.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by 89silude
fool, your posts crack me up! hahaha.

I aim to do my best
Old 06-27-2005, 06:41 PM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I'll take my chances in court. Worst thing that could happen is I'll pay the fine that I would have paid instead of going to court... you know? I'd rather take the chance of having a judge that's in a good mood who will take into consideration that I admit I was at fault, and it was early in the morning/late at night, open road, polite with the officer, etc.. If that falls through, it will cost the same as it would have if I paid it straight out, or maybe even less. Sometimes they'll reduce the fine but not the points/speed.

haha, just don't forget the court costs too...but it'd be worth it to me to pay court costs though if it saved a bit mroe insurance in the long run. Thought I'd remind ya of that
Old 06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

See if the court system in VA has somthing called "open docket" or something similar. If so and you request the judge to place the ticket on open docket status youll get out of the points/ins issue but pay a fine (revenue is what its about anyways but thats not the point here).

There are conditions if the open docket system exists in VA... While the ticket wont show up on your record or cost you points it will still be valid for a year and if you get another ticket within that years time youre driving record will be charged the points for the new ticket as well as the one that was on open docket. If you stay outta trouble for the one year then the ticket simply vanishes (for lack of a better term) like you never recieved it in the first place.

Ive used the above open docket dealy in NC and WV (twice in WV) and its worked every time. Its been a few years and it may not exist anymore here or may not exist at all but it might be worth making some calls to the court house or any cop friends you have to find out.

BTW, Im with you on getting a ticket thats deserved as I have ZERO problem with getting a ticket I honestly deserve and gladly pay the fine/court costs but what I HATE is paying for that same ticket for several years by way of higher ins rates.

HTH
Old 06-28-2005, 01:19 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VTFORDLADY
haha, just don't forget the court costs too...but it'd be worth it to me to pay court costs though if it saved a bit mroe insurance in the long run. Thought I'd remind ya of that

but if u just prepay it don't u have to pay a "processing fee" which is oddly enough the same as the court cost. i know it was that way when i got my muffler ticket.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:21 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

shoulda hit the naws on that fucka yo