Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Dirtydirtyracing.com is now a SCT tuning dealer

Old 08-16-2009 | 06:37 AM
Registered Member

swVAtuner has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dirtydirtyracing.com is now a SCT tuning dealer

Originally Posted by StarCityKid
Hey willie, I remember talking with you on the phone about tuning my blown 4.2l v6 mustang but went with justin starkey out of florida with a remote tune because he offered sct. If it wasnt for that I would have given you a shot.
Coal train weld and fab has a dyno out in pulaski if you need a set of rollers to tune. My buddy sean runs it but is'nt a tuner.
btw...good choice on getting in with sct
LOL Justin , how much did that end up costing you when all said and done ? I am betting close to $700 . Did you already have an SCT flasher ? I could have done it with Delta Force for probably under $400

To me SCT just cost more for the customer , I can do anything with either software , I can even get 5.0 chips for 87-95 5.0s for 179 bucks with Moates , its all the same stuff ......SCT has better datalogging for 05-up CAN vehicles , but for anything else , its all the same to me ......

Last edited by swVAtuner; 08-16-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-16-2009 | 08:43 AM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

When you find that you need to dyno tune a car, check out Coltrane's dyno in Pulaski, it's only a little over an hour drive from Bedford. www.coltranewelding.com

Marshall
Old 08-16-2009 | 11:16 AM
Registered Member

StarCityKid has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by swVAtuner
LOL Justin , how much did that end up costing you when all said and done ? I am betting close to $700 . Did you already have an SCT flasher ? I could have done it with Delta Force for probably under $400

To me SCT just cost more for the customer , I can do anything with either software , I can even get 5.0 chips for 87-95 5.0s for 179 bucks with Moates , its all the same stuff ......SCT has better datalogging for 05-up CAN vehicles , but for anything else , its all the same to me ......
Actually it costed 450 for the x-cal2 and tune. If you consider the wideband...then yeah...it's closer to 700. I went with the summit brand lc1 after speaking with you about your results. I've got nothing but good to say about him. It's been tuned for over a year now and had some issues come up the other day and he sent me a correction tune for free, I recieved it the day before yesterday. ended getting 330/340 out of 12psi with 15* timing on 93oct
I do get what you are saying though...he is a little high on some things.
The reason for me choosing sct is because other v6mustang guys run it with good results. Not saying that it's superior or anything...because I dont know the difference.
Old 08-16-2009 | 11:21 AM
Registered Member

StarCityKid has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by marshall
When you find that you need to dyno tune a car, check out Coltrane's dyno in Pulaski, it's only a little over an hour drive from Bedford. www.coltranewelding.com

Marshall
I need to make it back up there to see sean after my new cam goes in. Hoping to hit 400+ next time around with a racefuel tune and new cam.
Old 08-16-2009 | 12:19 PM
Registered Member

diamondstargsx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Don't really need a tuner for most of the cars around here. No one has the balls to put parts on there that make enough power to be advantageous for an other than stock map.
nice put benster,where the hell have you been man?
Old 08-16-2009 | 06:02 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

I need to make it back up there to see sean after my new cam goes in. Hoping to hit 400+ next time around with a racefuel tune and new cam.
Cool, Sean called me after he got done with your car on the dyno. Sounded like a nice setup.
Old 08-16-2009 | 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Actually it costed 450 for the x-cal2 and tune. If you consider the wideband...then yeah...it's closer to 700. I went with the summit brand lc1 after speaking with you about your results. I've got nothing but good to say about him. It's been tuned for over a year now and had some issues come up the other day and he sent me a correction tune for free, I recieved it the day before yesterday. ended getting 330/340 out of 12psi with 15* timing on 93oct
I do get what you are saying though...he is a little high on some things.
The reason for me choosing sct is because other v6mustang guys run it with good results. Not saying that it's superior or anything...because I dont know the difference.
I can post screen shots from all brands of software , its all the same because you are modifying the stock programming , Justin is a good tuner , but he is not any better than anybody else I know in the business including myself , I have had a number of guys that actually took the time to learn the software , upgraded their SCT stuff to proracer or ended up getting a Delta Force commando kit and when they actually saw the tunes Justin had made for them , they were pretty ticked off at how simple and how little he had actually changed the tune

I was taught alot of what I know by Tim Barth at modular powerhouse down in GA when he tuned my own blower car back in 03 he let me watch every single change in the computer , when he got done I was like well shit I can do this ...started reading and talking to people in the business like Don Lasota who wrote the SCT tuning manual , Mike Wilson at Dallas Mustang , Pat at Delta Force ( who actually started up Diablo ) and I can tell you that tuning is not that hard once you do something like a 95 GT with a 331 stroker, big cam and D1 procharger once you tackle a few cars like that , a stock car with bolt ons is cake walk

But that being said , if the car is right , then ALOT of times the less stuff you change the better it does run ....especially on say a stock GT or sV6 with a bolt on supercharger or turbo kit , other than fuel and timing you really dont need to change alot other than turning off the adaptive fuel settings so that when you do tune it , it doesnt decide to change on you a month from then ......

Anybodies car I tune is more than welcome to watch me and I can show them everything in the ECM that is changed and explain to them why .........
Old 08-16-2009 | 07:07 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by marshall

Marshall
Thanks for the heads up , but I believe before I go thru the hassle of using someone elses again , I will have my own dyno , especially if I can get enough guys willing to pay to rent it ......Mullins was all about me coming to use his dyno as long as I did EVERY bit of the leg work of getting the car there and then used it at his convenience ........kinda glad he did sell it , everytime I got something lined up , something would come up on his end that would put me off .......
Old 08-17-2009 | 06:49 AM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

awd dyno?

I have to drive 4+ hours to get my wrx tuned.
Old 08-17-2009 | 05:07 PM
Registered Member

ntinhri has a spectacular aura aboutntinhri has a spectacular aura about

Hey willie, I remember talking with you on the phone about tuning my blown 4.2l v6 mustang but went with justin starkey out of florida with a remote tune because he offered sct. If it wasnt for that I would have given you a shot.
Coal train weld and fab has a dyno out in pulaski if you need a set of rollers to tune. My buddy sean runs it but is'nt a tuner.
btw...good choice on getting in with sct
lol not sure whats worst a v-6 mustang or a blown v-6....

hahhaha wait I have a blown v-6.. in a toyota.... yes it is a truck...

Quick Reply: Dirtydirtyracing.com is now a SCT tuning dealer