Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Drive Shaft Shop Axles = Terrible Customer Service

Old 10-31-2005, 04:02 PM
I <3 (.Y.)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to all
Default Drive Shaft Shop Axles = Terrible Customer Service

I was wondering if any one else has had a bad experience with there product, warranty, or customer service?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:31 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Drive Shaft Shop Axles = Terrible Customer Service

Solid rear axle> transaxle.

what kind of problems you having?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:06 PM
I <3 (.Y.)

vtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to all
Angry Re: Drive Shaft Shop Axles = Terrible Customer Service

Originally Posted by fc735
Solid rear axle> transaxle.

what kind of problems you having?
Here the past few weeks we have broken three of their axles and now for some reason they will not warranty them anymore, but i still have 2 months left of warranty and now all of the sudden we bought the wrong level axles. Not to mention we had no problem with their product for 4 months, race after race they held up until 3 weeks ago when we broke the shaft in 1/2, they fixed it and sent it back, went to norwalk, ohio for the ndra finals where we broke the outter cv this time. (made it to the semi finals with no launch and stock axle) sent it back again with some choice words, again they repaired it and shipped it back, put it back in the car and on the first launch we broke the outter splines this time with hub damage, so needless to say the car has not seen a clean pass with a DSS axle for like a month.

Last edited by vtec101; 10-31-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

soon2b has disabled reputation

Stick with those gator axles. They sent me the wrong set i called Glenn (the head guy) at the opening ndra race in AZ. He called home and had the right set sent out with a pre-paid postage box to send the old axles back to him no questions asked. He also told me even though i hope to over power the axles he will fix them once or twice if i break them. Awesome customer service and i think they might be a little cheaper than dss.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:24 PM
I <3 (.Y.)

Originally Posted by soon2b
Stick with those gator axles. They sent me the wrong set i called Glenn (the head guy) at the opening ndra race in AZ. He called home and had the right set sent out with a pre-paid postage box to send the old axles back to him no questions asked. He also told me even though i hope to over power the axles he will fix them once or twice if i break them. Awesome customer service and i think they might be a little cheaper than dss.
so far im pleased with the gators but we will see in maryland this weekend i'll keep my fingers and toes crossed when she leaves the line.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:18 AM
Registered Member

So did yall get to launch on them really at natrual bridge or was it just sort of roll of the line. I hope they hold up for yall at MIR....on a side note i think i might be makin the trip up to watch the show.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:33 AM
I <3 (.Y.)

Originally Posted by soon2b
So did yall get to launch on them really at natrual bridge or was it just sort of roll of the line. I hope they hold up for yall at MIR....on a side note i think i might be makin the trip up to watch the show.
she preloaded the car and tried launching at a lower rpm than usual, but we still had a decent 60' (1.8's) all day. Yeah from what we have heard it will be one hell of a show
Old 11-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

JDM03 has disabled reputation

In comparing the Gator's to DSS and TCI Gators are thickier and had to work a little to put them in they also went in more. Needless to say I'm pleased. SOON2B is your car ready or what?????
Old 11-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

of course the car is not ready yet. you know that its never ready. It will never be ready for a big race.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:35 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

What level DSS were you using?

Quick Reply: Drive Shaft Shop Axles = Terrible Customer Service