Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Dyno in Salem

Old 05-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myclone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dyno in Salem

Originally Posted by marshall
jerry promised me june 1st when i talked to him on wednesday
Sweet.. Should be done welding up the 4" down pipe, installing the cam, roller rockers, 84lb'ers, and weldon external FP by then. Then again the trans will prolly scatter before then (for the 4th time) so who knows .
Old 05-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by myclone
None.....its just an old POS S10 .

Is the truck a clone or a real syclone? I don't see many around any more. There used to be one in Blacksburg years ago but haven't seen it in a good while. Alot of people don't know about the potential of the truck.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MVaughn
Is the truck a clone or a real syclone?
Its real.
I don't see many around any more.
There werent that many made to begin with but yeah, you dont see many in this area. I believe I have the only syclone but there are two or three typhoons around.

There used to be one in Blacksburg years ago but haven't seen it in a good while.
Did it have WV tags? If so that truck used to sit in the weeds over in Salem beside a run down swimming pool/hot tub supply store. I tried to buy it but the owner wouldnt have any part of it. Havent seen it in 4 or 5 years though.
Alot of people don't know about the potential of the truck.
Thats the way I like it... Everyone thinks its just an old school "extreme" or something... Thats fine with me
Old 05-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

Sounds great. We should meet sometime in the near future. I think thats the truck we are both talking about. I used to know the guy but haven't seen him in years.
Your truck is like my gn and my buddies turbo ta. Most people think it's just a monte carlo or a regular ta w/ a 305 or 350. LOL
Old 05-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

I used to know the guy but haven't seen him in years.
Same here...havent seen it in several years and it no longer sits in salem in the weeds (it hasnt for quite a while). It was a shame since the truck was in decent shape cept the factory bed cover was gone. It did have around a 100k miles but was still in good shape for the milage IMO. The first time I saw that truck was in C'burg on 460 then ran across it again by accident some time later sitting in the weeds in salem. I remembered the WV tags/tag number and knew it was the same truck so I checked with the ppl in the building it was sitting next to and the trucksvowner happened worked there (the ratty hot tub/pool place). The owner came out and chatted for a minute but after offering the guy $8500 cash on the spot for the truck he practically walked off. If I remember right the owner was from WV so now its prolly sitting up on blocks in some holler in WV or being used as a tractor with nice seats .

Your truck is like my gn and my buddies turbo ta. Most people think it's just a monte carlo or a regular ta w/ a 305 or 350. LOL
By chance does your bud work at the First Union offices on plantation right before you get to I-81? Ive seen a younger guy in a TTA pull out of their parking lot a few times but I cant ever catch him as we're always going opposite directions as thats the only TTA I know about in Roanoke.

You wouldnt happen to be the guy with a GN that Ive talked to before that has a FM and no front grill would you?
Old 05-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

I don't drive the GN, it sitting waiting on my glhs to get finished. The ta is the same guy.His name is Chris and works at Anthem. He also has a gn but he just started to do some stuff to the tta recently. It's a mid to high 13 sec. car now but it's too easy to get those cars to run low 11's.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

I don't drive the GN, it sitting waiting on my glhs to get finished.
So youre not the guy Ive talked to before? Thank God as the guy Im thinking about is a little on the odd ball side (french fry short of a happy meal IMO). Nice kid but flakey ....

We'll have to meet up some time cause I used to own a Rosewood T (GN drive train but avail in other colors besides black) and I always like the GLH's.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Sweet, sounds good. I always owned turbo cars since 89 and prob. always will. Just let me know when. Sent you a pm.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:05 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by myclone
So youre not the guy Ive talked to before? Thank God as the guy Im thinking about is a little on the odd ball side (french fry short of a happy meal IMO). Nice kid but flakey ....

We'll have to meet up some time cause I used to own a Rosewood T (GN drive train but avail in other colors besides black) and I always like the GLH's.
if it's the guy i'm thinking about i went to high school with him. never had any classes or really talked with him...just never really crossed pathes. but from what i gather he is a bit strange.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

20psi 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point

so is the dyno open yet? anyone been there yet?

Quick Reply: Dyno in Salem