Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Dyno in Salem

Old 06-10-2005, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marshall has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dyno in Salem

Originally Posted by myclone
Nice fellow named....uh....yar....yahb...yard....uh...oh hell it started with a "Y" I think.
haha, Jarl

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Yeah, he knows his stuff. Next time you're up there ask him to show you his Cobra, or his GT40 made of carbon fiber, or his airplane that he and a friend built, or his Formula Mazda race car....
the formula mazda's gone now, he's decided to do a cf mclaren f1 body rather than the gt40, and the harmon rocket is grounded for a while...definately has too many projects going on.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by marshall
haha, Jarl
Is the "J" pronounced like a "Y"? No matter really since I am horrible remembering names anyways (hell, I have to look at my drivers lic to remember my own name sometimes ). Nice guy none the less IMO and I look forward to getting some time on the rollers since doing any tuning on the street is just asking for a ticket, wreck, or both.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by myclone
Is the "J" pronounced like a "Y"? No matter really since I am horrible remembering names anyways (hell, I have to look at my drivers lic to remember my own name sometimes ).
haha, me too, I took one of his business cards the first time I met him
Old 06-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

20psi 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point

still not open.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:31 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I hate to say this but I've lost interest in this place after it being pushed back so many times.... I'm sure it will be great, but when is it really going to be open?
Old 06-22-2005, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Well, I think that putting a dyno in is a little more work than they had anticipated. But, just judging from what I've seen and what the owner has told me, it will be worth the wait.

Either that or you can drive two hours to the next closest one...
Old 06-22-2005, 08:04 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Well, I think that putting a dyno in is a little more work than they had anticipated. But, just judging from what I've seen and what the owner has told me, it will be worth the wait.

Either that or you can drive two hours to the next closest one...
Well I'm not really a big dyno queen right now... I've had my car on the dyno once and it's really not that important to me except for tuning. I don't care if I have a bigger dyno chart than the next guy.

I'm sure there was a lot of work required, and a lot of unexpected things came up.. It just seems now that it's about as real as it was two years ago. Do you know what I mean? I know it's built, and it's here, but it's still as useless to me as it was two years ago when it wasn't here--because technically speaking it's still not here. I'm not waiting on the edge of my seat anymore.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

haha, shoulda bought dynapacks, install time 10 minutes
Old 06-22-2005, 08:43 AM
wub wub wub wub

Am I the only one that's disappointed? I was looking forward to it opening but it seems like that's honestly never going to happen. I know the biggest hurdles have been crossed, but it's not even something I anticipate anymore. I'll still hop on the dyno a time or two, but like I said, I'm not on the edge of my seat about it.

Look forward to seeing some of you guys dynoing though. Maybe we can put together a dyno video of our own
Old 06-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Am I the only one that's disappointed? I was looking forward to it opening but it seems like that's honestly never going to happen. I know the biggest hurdles have been crossed, but it's not even something I anticipate anymore. I'll still hop on the dyno a time or two, but like I said, I'm not on the edge of my seat about it.
damn are you bleeding? lol moody

Quick Reply: Dyno in Salem