Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Dynojet 224 at Westlake!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRCE PWR has disabled reputation
Default Dynojet 224 at Westlake!

Hey everybody, just wanted to let you know there in a Dynojet in Franklin County (at Westlake) The shop name is Alan Mullins Complete Automotive. Tele: (540) 719-1251 I don't know if they do any tuning on cars, but from what I've read on here, most of you prefer to tune it yourselves.

FYI, I don't work there. I do know the guy that owns it, but I'm in no way affiliated with the business. Just wanted to let some of the locals know in case you guys need to dyno your car.

Steve
Old 04-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dynojet 224 at Westlake!

Originally Posted by FRCE PWR
Hey everybody, just wanted to let you know there in a Dynojet in Franklin County (at Westlake) The shop name is Alan Mullins Complete Automotive. Tele: (540) 719-1251 I don't know if they do any tuning on cars, but from what I've read on here, most of you prefer to tune it yourselves.

FYI, I don't work there. I do know the guy that owns it, but I'm in no way affiliated with the business. Just wanted to let some of the locals know in case you guys need to dyno your car.

Steve

Thats awsome, if you talk to the guy that owns it anytime soon, find out if he does any sort of tuning!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

I'll ask if I see him, but I really don't think he does. It's more of an automnotive service center. He is a part owner of an Outlaw car (Turbo'd Mustang) Thats the real reason I think the dyno may be there.

Steve
Old 04-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by FRCE PWR
I'll ask if I see him, but I really don't think he does. It's more of an automnotive service center. He is a part owner of an Outlaw car (Turbo'd Mustang) Thats the real reason I think the dyno may be there.

Steve
that's an expensive investment just to be able to tune your car whenever you want.
it is cool though to have a dyno in the area.....maybe i'll be able to get the guy that tunes my cars to come up here instead of driving to Charlotte
chris
Old 04-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TNGChris
that's an expensive investment just to be able to tune your car whenever you want.
it is cool though to have a dyno in the area.....maybe i'll be able to get the guy that tunes my cars to come up here instead of driving to Charlotte
chris

Thats kinda what I thought. I may be wrong on that. Plus, most dyno's only go up to 1200 HP. A Turbo'd Outlaw car makes way more than that, so who knows.

Figures, as soon as I sell all my rides, someone puts a dyno in 10 minutes away from the house. I guess I'll have to get another one!

Steve

Last edited by FRCE PWR; 04-15-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:05 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

two bucks says its the one that used to be in salem, but sold to a different owner.

i think i know where its at, and there is good reason to have it.

although for auto work, i would definitely make sure it has an eddy brake on it, they are so much nicer to use to be able to do driveability work with.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

224 has no eddy, gotta step up to the 248 for that.
And I'm also guessing the dyno is Jerry Mullins' old one from salem.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dynojet 224 at Westlake!

SO WHERE IS IT AT WEST LAKE, I MADE A COUPLE OF LAPS AROUND THERE THE OTHER NIGHT LOOKING FOR IT. I THOUGHT PERHAPS THAT MUSTANG MIGHT BE AROUND THE SHOP.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sidewaysfox
SO WHERE IS IT AT WEST LAKE, I MADE A COUPLE OF LAPS AROUND THERE THE OTHER NIGHT LOOKING FOR IT.
coming from bedford co, turn left off 122 right before kroger, go down 1/4 mile, shop on left
Old 04-26-2007, 04:29 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

THATS COOL, DO YOU KNOW IF THEY KEEP THIS TURBO CAR AROUND THE SHOP, I WOULD LIKE TO CHECK IT OUT FOR SURE.

Quick Reply: Dynojet 224 at Westlake!