Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

E85 now in Wytheville, Va?

Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer
Default Re: E85 now in Wytheville, Va?

Originally Posted by Spooln4
I've heard that Wytheville is also e70 but it could be due to the temperatures dropping they mix more gasoline into it. There's got to be someone local that has an easy way to get ethanol for a 55gal drum. Let me know if you find anything else on Webbs Oil and Foster Fuels as I'm looking for a more feasible solution than traveling 3 hours both ways to pump 55 gallons of e70.

Just called Webbs and they carry only E10 which is what most local places offer now. They said that no one in the roanoke valley supplies e85 :-(
I'm going to talk to Star City power sports tomorrow. They are a VP fuels distributor and that's who I source my M1 methanol from. VP makes C85(http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp-drag-racing.html) Which guaranteed to outperform e85, however it is ~$500 for a 55 gallon drum. However, shipping is a big reason for the cost. Star city told me that if a product comes in as part of their regular shipment then you won't be charged for shipping so I'm hoping that still applies here.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
I'm going to talk to Star City power sports tomorrow. They are a VP fuels distributor and that's who I source my M1 methanol from. VP makes C85(http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp-drag-racing.html) Which guaranteed to outperform e85, however it is ~$500 for a 55 gallon drum. However, shipping is a big reason for the cost. Star city told me that if a product comes in as part of their regular shipment then you won't be charged for shipping so I'm hoping that still applies here.
I just called Star City and they are going to contact me when they go to order their next VP Fuel batch. However after reading on the forums the per gallon price of C85 is ridiculous like $9 per gallon from what I was reading, like $700 plus for a 55gal drum! F that.

EDIT: $81.05 for 5 gal, $766.80 for 55 gal .... lol

Wytheville Sheetz said it's rated at e85 but the % can vary (sounded like she really had no clue what blend it is). At $3.39 per gallon this looks like the best way to go aside from having to travel to get it. The sunoco 112 was $8.50 per gallon last time I was there.

Last edited by Spooln4; 09-27-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by Spooln4
I just called Star City and they are going to contact me when they go to order their next VP Fuel batch. However after reading on the forums the per gallon price of C85 is ridiculous like $9 per gallon from what I was reading, like $700 plus for a 55gal drum! F that.

EDIT: $81.05 for 5 gal, $766.80 for 55 gal .... lol

Wytheville Sheetz said it's rated at e85 but the % can vary (sounded like she really had no clue what blend it is). At $3.39 per gallon this looks like the best way to go aside from having to travel to get it. The sunoco 112 was $8.50 per gallon last time I was there.
yeah, screw $8 a gallon. I think Benn is getting a few people together to head to wytheville to make an e85 run. I guess I'll just get in on that.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
yeah, screw $8 a gallon. I think Benn is getting a few people together to head to wytheville to make an e85 run. I guess I'll just get in on that.
I'm down with that! I ordered a 55gal drum from Grainger. Not sure how exactly I'm gonna move this thing as it should weigh 370lbs completely full.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

LOL, it'll be more than 370, however keep in mind you won't be filling it to a full 55(there is a phenomenon called expansion ). I have seriously contemplated trying e85, however I risk my stock bottom end without some playful boost control and timing strategies. It will be moving to e70 soon with the falling temp's, but should still be e85 in the warm months.

You can get the drums for 5 bux a pop, I hope you didn't pay more than that Andrew. If there are enough interested peeps, I will be more than happy enough to fill multiple drums and bring them back, it's only about 20 min past my place at the lake.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Got all excited when saw the construction at Sheetz on willi....called....big letdown. F'n diesel.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

You can rent my truck before I sell it haha
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Got all excited when saw the construction at Sheetz on willi....called....big letdown. F'n diesel.
Same here. Bastards lol
Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Go Team Marlboro

My truck can handle it....just don't wanna have to drive that far lol
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Ok, Wytheville is 3.16/gal right now. I know where two drums of e98 are sitting, still sealed and ready to go, for 250/drum. 5.5 gal of regular pump 87 will get the 55 gal of e98 to e85 specs, just as an fyi if you want to do the math.

I anticipate getting on this bandwagon just after the first of the year, already have my double pump assy built and ready to go. Have not decided whether to buy the e98 drums and mix it down or just go get the stuff from wytheville. It is likely e70 right now, however seems most people up the coast have it average about e74 and e83 during winter/summer respectively.

Basically, if you want in, let me know. I can arrange getting the drums, or you can get a drum and I can go fill it, or we can all gravy train up the interstate and each take our own.

Quick Reply: E85 now in Wytheville, Va?