Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Exhaust shop, Roanoke area

Old 04-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Exhaust shop, Roanoke area

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
I wanted the normal fully braided exterior/interior flex. So you cant get it fully stainless? How do you connect it up to the piping with just the braided portion? Simply butt weld it together?
I will need to check to see if we can get it fully stainless.
Yes it will need to be welded. If you look at the one you purchased and see where the welds are on that.. it is basically everything in between the two welds so the braiding and the couplers to hold the braids. Let me double check on it tomorrow when I go in but I believe the couplers are aluminized as well. I'll see what I can do though.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cootees
It is in the statesman industrial park off 460. Sure thing get the izes that you need and what not and come in and we can set you up with everything.

Hey man, do you have other bends than just 45, 90 and 180's? Anything smaller than 45's? I'll have to come get some from you once I get the headers on. Whats your name?
Old 04-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Got my ss pieces for my downpipe at Performance Curve, definitely the place to go
Old 04-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Ivy Tadita

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Hey man, do you have other bends than just 45, 90 and 180's? Anything smaller than 45's? I'll have to come get some from you once I get the headers on. Whats your name?
Well, what degree do you need? I may have some others in aluminized, I will need to check on it but 45, 90 and 180 are pretty universal. We have one piece that has a 180 and a 45 on it which you can cut up and get several different bends out of it. Oh and my name was Philip.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Famous...

Originally Posted by cootees
Well, what degree do you need? I may have some others in aluminized, I will need to check on it but 45, 90 and 180 are pretty universal. We have one piece that has a 180 and a 45 on it which you can cut up and get several different bends out of it. Oh and my name was Philip.

Alright, I'll come and talk to you when I get what I need done and get some measurements. BTW, what is the difference between the 304 and and the 409 or whatever?
Old 04-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Ivy Tadita

It's just the grade of stainless. 304 is a higher quality than 409. Lower the number the higher the quality.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:57 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

So cootees what can you do on an 94 camaro exhaust set up...magnaflow.....
Old 04-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Ivy Tadita

anything you want... magnaflow, flowmaster, hooker, flowtech
Old 04-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Its rusted and old. Where is the Performance Curve place located? If I took some measurements could I just come down there and buy a lot of diffferent pipes? That way I could just get a muffler shop to weld it up.
I'm brushing off all of the rust off of my stock axle back at the moment (going to paint it) and going the way of an electric cutout because I am sick of the noise/drone..

maybe you should look into that? It's cheaper and better in every respect really..
Old 04-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Famous...

Originally Posted by GaRn
I'm brushing off all of the rust off of my stock axle back at the moment (going to paint it) and going the way of an electric cutout because I am sick of the noise/drone..

maybe you should look into that? It's cheaper and better in every respect really..

Still have the problem of the 1 3/4 inch exhaust, when I need 3 inches +....

That beast needs to breathe.

Quick Reply: Exhaust shop, Roanoke area