Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Ferrari 550 Maranello

Old 03-03-2004, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
distruner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ferrari 550 Maranello

I got to sit in a Brand new 360 a couple years ago :-)
Old 03-03-2004, 09:18 PM

nsxtasy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Wagz
several reasons, winters around her blow typically, in this kinda town i can almost gaurantee the cops would fuck w/ a younger guy driving around a ferrari, the mentality of many of the rednecks around here would be to key the damn thing, it would draw too much attention in my opinion in general, and then yes the lack of support for quality work to be done on it could certainly be an issue.
Lack of someone who know what the heck they were doing is my big issue with any really unusual car around here. I have enough headaches as it is with a freaking specialty Honda!

From what I've seen it's the C'burg police are the ones who are bad about hassling people, but thanks to the 460 bypass I can pretty much avoid them. I don't think keying is too big an issue, at least in B'burg, if you are selective about when and where you park. If you leave your car outside at night, particularly where drunk people will be walking by I'd worry about it, but not so much during the day.

It'd be interesting to know how many Ferraris, Lambos and other exotics are in the area. There are several people around here with pretty cool car collections who keep to themselves and don't really drive the cars much (think Cameron's dad from Ferris Bueller). In Montgomery County I know of a few Ferraris (308, Testarossa and F40) plus a Miura and Diablo and a couple Esprits. Not sure if all of those are still in the area but they have been within the last few years. I'm sure there are more, esp. out by Roanoke/Salem. If anyone has access to DMV data they could just search by the first few VIN characters.

The used car lot at West Motors gets a lot of interesting sports cars on trade. They're pretty nice folks, I've stopped by and test driven a couple things before. No real pressure and they didn't try to BS me like so many other used car dealers.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:22 PM
That thing i do!

Wagz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nsxtasy
Lack of someone who know what the heck they were doing is my big issue with any really unusual car around here. I have enough headaches as it is with a freaking specialty Honda!

From what I've seen it's the C'burg police are the ones who are bad about hassling people, but thanks to the 460 bypass I can pretty much avoid them. I don't think keying is too big an issue, at least in B'burg, if you are selective about when and where you park. If you leave your car outside at night, particularly where drunk people will be walking by I'd worry about it, but not so much during the day.

It'd be interesting to know how many Ferraris, Lambos and other exotics are in the area. There are several people around here with pretty cool car collections who keep to themselves and don't really drive the cars much (think Cameron's dad from Ferris Bueller). In Montgomery County I know of a few Ferraris (308, Testarossa and F40) plus a Miura and Diablo and a couple Esprits. Not sure if all of those are still in the area but they have been within the last few years. I'm sure there are more, esp. out by Roanoke/Salem. If anyone has access to DMV data they could just search by the first few VIN characters.

The used car lot at West Motors gets a lot of interesting sports cars on trade. They're pretty nice folks, I've stopped by and test driven a couple things before. No real pressure and they didn't try to BS me like so many other used car dealers.
well better still i have lived in C'burg for a year now, cops out here are "interesting". I know i have heard a guy by the name of "Janelle" (think Janelle road over by duncan ford) has a huge collection of porche's and so on. I know Gary Duncan & his father have a very large collection of cars as well.
Like i said, i just didnt think the Ferrari would be practical for a ton of reasons.....if i was more city style it may have been, but then again i like the choice of my sports sedan, sports car, and suv
Old 03-04-2004, 04:55 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

My next door neighbor has a 70's Ferrari GTO. Never seen it on the road, though. He also has a Sunbeam Tiger that I have been trying to buy from him for some time. There is also an original 427 Cobra in my neighborhood, as well as a couple of high end Porsche's and a first year Viper.

Funny, none of them will run me....