Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Freshwater Fishtank...

Old 09-05-2006, 05:40 AM
Go Team Marlboro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Freshwater Fishtank...

Putting this here b/c I think it would be easier and more beneficial to move this locally...kind of a bitch to ship.

I have a 40-45gal freshwater tank with (2) Red-bellied Pacu's and (1) Dark black/brown Oscar. Unfortunately I don't have the time to adequately take care of the tank and I would like to get rid of it.

I'll sell the tank, fish, two heaters, brand new filter system, lights, everything running and setup(needs good cleaning ) for 50 bux. I'll even deliver if your in the greater area.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Freshwater Fishtank...

That is a sweet deal. I would buy it but I am trying to get rid of 8 tanks of my own. How big is the oscar? If the buyer does not want the fish I will be glad to give you a little something for the oscar depending on its size. I have a 150 Gal. tank that would make it feel right at home.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of maintenance is involved?
Old 09-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Ivy Tadita

Since he signed off, I will answer this question for you. For proper maintenance you are supposed to do at least a 20% water change each week. However it's not the end of the world if you don't. Pacu's and Oscars are rather hardy fish. So they will tolerate the water conditions well.

Depending on the type of media in the filter you will need to change or cleanout the filter at least once/month. However you do not want to mess with the filter to often because some of the bacteria on the filter is good for the fish.

Check the ph levels periodically. Once again pacus and oscars are very hardy fish. I've seen many of them thrive in water straight out of the sink. So although it is a good idea to check the ph levels to keep the fish from getting sick I would not say it is a necessity to do it on a regular basis.

Outside of feeding, that about sums up the maintenance. Most freshwater fish are pretty easy to take care of.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

What he said. They are very hardy fish...
Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

All those in a 45? You must have a freakin' huge filter. Or change 20 gallons of water a week...
Old 09-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Go Team Marlboro

Originally Posted by Cosmo
All those in a 45? You must have a freakin' huge filter. Or change 20 gallons of water a week...
thats the prob....I don't have time for the maintenance. It needs a serious cleaning but I struggle to find the time or desire anymore.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Come on now... I know someone wants it. I'll make you a deal....its free. I'd like to see these awesome fish have a good home.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:49 PM

slow92snatch has disabled reputation

Id be interested in the Aquarium and fish.. PM me so I can look at it this Weekend if possible..
Old 09-18-2006, 06:35 AM
Ivy Tadita

Did you ever get rid of this? I have a friend who is interested if you still have it. Also what are the chances of getting the dimensions on the aquarium?

Quick Reply: Freshwater Fishtank...