Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Gixxer kart, or car...

Old 05-06-2008 | 06:28 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Gixxer kart, or car...

So I am planning to pick up a GSXR-1000 motor from a friend... I think I'm going to get Casey to help me build either a Gixxer CAR, or a Gixxer kart. I haven't decided yet, but I know it will be absolutely nuts! A friend of mine has a '72 (I think) VW Beetle that he picked up extremely cheap and will hopefully be willing to sacrifice it to the cause for what he has in it. How insane would it be to see a Beetle rolling down the street at 16000 rpms?

You're down, aren't you Casey?
Old 05-06-2008 | 06:43 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gixxer kart, or car...

Gixxer Kart would be more fun ... But you could drive the VW on the road .... I have been thinking of a Kart for awhile but I want one with bigger tires and brakes so I could put more power to the ground and stop lol ... Also it is worth noting I would try to boost it just because it would be awesome and it doesn't appear that others are doing that to them yet ....

Last edited by SpoolnSRT4; 05-06-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-06-2008 | 07:07 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I know a guy who builds karts...

However, putting a mutli-cylinder motor in a kart generally doesn't work well. I had a 125 shifter kart for a while and it was all I could handle. In fact, my 100 cc single speed kart is more than most people can handle. It puts out 45 hp at 19k rpms. When we used to run at Franklin County I was turning lap times about 2-3 tenths slower than the late model that was on the pole.

The physical size of the 1000 motor is the biggest limitation. With a 125 the kart is already full with the motor, radiator, etc.

If it's something you're serious about doing though, let me know. I'll point you in the right direction. I would highly advise you to come try one of our karts first before you decide to put that motor in a kart. Chances are you'll never be able to drive it.
Old 05-06-2008 | 07:12 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I know a guy who builds karts...

However, putting a mutli-cylinder motor in a kart generally doesn't work well. I had a 125 shifter kart for a while and it was all I could handle. In fact, my 100 cc single speed kart is more than most people can handle. It puts out 45 hp at 19k rpms. When we used to run at Franklin County I was turning lap times about 2-3 tenths slower than the late model that was on the pole.

The physical size of the 1000 motor is the biggest limitation. With a 125 the kart is already full with the motor, radiator, etc.

If it's something you're serious about doing though, let me know. I'll point you in the right direction. I would highly advise you to come try one of our karts first before you decide to put that motor in a kart. Chances are you'll never be able to drive it.
But.. but.. I could be a YouTube legend! lmfao

So you're saying I can try one of your karts first then? Mmmkay! Consider it done!

I'd rather put it in a car I can drive on the street anyway, but I thought it would be cool to take the kart to the track (Natural Bridge, VIR, etc) as a "pitbike" sort of thing to run around the pits on. Maybe I could do my own KartVader videos
Old 05-06-2008 | 07:27 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

I would see if you could run it on a track lol ...
Old 05-06-2008 | 07:37 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Just imagine:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qv-2Gi7l72k
Old 05-06-2008 | 02:08 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

o yes
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iSmxaORvBQI&feature=related
Old 05-06-2008 | 04:26 PM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
You're down, aren't you Casey?
Oh you know it.
Old 05-06-2008 | 04:42 PM
Registered Member

bmw-m has disabled reputation

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ddhrD3a2I1M&feature=related
Old 05-07-2008 | 06:46 PM
Registered Member

jusSLO has disabled reputation

Either way would be awesome and require a retarded amount of custom work as I hope you already know, but 1000's don't rev to 16K. Just throwin that out there.

Quick Reply: Gixxer kart, or car...