Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Go Kart almost finished

Old 11-09-2004, 01:06 PM
bring ding ding ding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choodle has disabled reputation
Default Go Kart almost finished

Well, we got the go kart running and took it for a test run. Everything is finished except the paint on the plastics needs to dry and the plastics installed and all the lighting needs to be wired, other than that, its bad ass. haha. We used RSX tail lights for the rear, and they work, and we used stock S-10 corner lights for the front and 240sx headlights. It has a Trick frame, 40hp 250cc honda motor, sprocket off of the same honda, slicks, racing seat, 5 point harnesses, and I might make a roll cage for it, I really should, its deadly. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears are all just excuses to light up the tires, it can pretty much only be used to fuck off and drift and whatnot. I haven't gotten to top it out or clock how fast its going, but I'd say midway through 4th I was running about 75mph easy. Total weight of the go kart is 150lbs. If dragva has some kind of get together sometime I'll bring it out and let everybody mess around on it, you'll like it, i promise.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:46 PM
wtb scoobie snacks

musicmaniac is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Go Kart almost finished

um pics i am interested to see what it could possibly look like
Old 11-09-2004, 02:22 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

picture a shifter cart riced out
Old 11-09-2004, 02:33 PM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like fun!
Old 11-09-2004, 02:36 PM
bring ding ding ding

Originally Posted by fc735
picture a shifter cart riced out
Haha it is. All the lights and stuff are from just random crap I have laying in my basement. I have an eclipse wide body kit in the basement, my friends were trying to get me to put the front clip on it but I didnt wanna mess it up. The cart sits about 1" off the ground, if that. It has fully bodied plastics and the motor is encased in an actually pretty cool diamond plate box. The motor is cooled by two electric fans and the gas tank is under the diamond plate also. All the plastics are being paint black. Looking for donations of any cool ricey stickers for it(NOS, APC, Calvin peeing on stuff, ect.) Hmmmm, will they let carts run at natural bridge? Plugged in the estimated 1/4 mile times on a 1/4 mile calculator and it said 9.62, hahaha. I just built a 9 second street legal automobile for 10 bucks. I wish it would run the 1/4 without topping out, I'd be racing for slips, not that I myself have one, but ya know.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:39 PM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

go carts are most definitely not legal... I know you said you have working headlights and tail-lights, but I don't think you can legally drive it on the streets can you?
Old 11-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Bring it up this way. I've got one that I think would give it a good run for the money...

And, I think I can hook you up in the ricey decal department too.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:25 PM
bring ding ding ding

Haha, yeah we'll race em. I can tell the frame is set up for circle track the way everything is offset, so it's kind of hard to keep it in a straight line, especially when its kicking sideways in third. My friend almost ate shit on it earlier today, we had it out in the mall parking lot to see if we could top it out, but none of us really went past mid 4th, that was plenty fast for being an inch of the ground. But anyway, he was trying to do a huge drift through the parking lot and spun it around a couple times and stopped a few feet from a light pole, scary shit. But funny at the same time. haha. Im thinking about taking the plastics off, cutting the frame a little to allow bigger wheels and tires so I can lift it, but mud treads on it and take it offroad. Need a rollcage first though. It's fun on the street, but there is just no where to ride it. It can't be street legal unless it has under 50cc motor, then its classified as a bicycle pretty much. I wish it was under 50cc, but then again I don't, cause 250cc gets me where im goin pretty quick.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:32 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

no suspension and off road=broken frames.

not that i have done that before.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:23 PM
bring ding ding ding

Originally Posted by fc735
no suspension and off road=broken frames.

not that i have done that before.
Eh, who cares, it was free.

Quick Reply: Go Kart almost finished