Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good and bad places to shop/get work done in Roanoke

Old 06-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MVaughn is on a distinguished road
Default Good and bad places to shop/get work done in Roanoke

While I do all my work, I do need some things like welding, pressing bearings out, ect. on my cars at times. What places are good and bad in Roanoke as far as work quality/cost?
I was at Pro Line Performance today. I think that is what it was called. I talked with a guy named Mike if I remember correctly. He said he had two mustangs, both 89's. Seemed like a nice guy. Just looking for other places in Roanoke. New to the area.

Michael
Old 06-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve
Default Re: Good and bad places to shop/get work done in Roanoke

Try not to secound source your work in this area. If you have to do as I watch there every move. Do not leave and come back ! I hate to secound source my car. Every few times I do something gets messed up.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask Joey. FC 735 on here. He's a good guy. Dunno how long he is backed up though.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:27 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

as said previously, i run my own shop. of course, its not in roanoke per se, but about an hour from there. between my tech and I, we are booked pretty much solid on most minor work for about three to four days. major work (engines, transmissions, etc) is in the two month range at the moment.

i let my work speak for itself, so you arent going to hear me talk about what i have done, whos cars i have worked on, what kind of shit i can pull etc etc. i will say, that we do have most equipment to do just about any kind of repair (sans automatic trans rebuilds, but i have done a few of them too)

if you need anything Mike, feel free to call me (i will PM you my number, i dont go around spamming the boards like some people on here) and if you need help or just wanna come up and shoot the shit, feel free to do so.

Last edited by HatefulMechanic; 06-13-2005 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:53 PM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gonzoe00
Try not to secound source your work in this area. If you have to do as I watch there every move. Do not leave and come back ! I hate to secound source my car. Every few times I do something gets messed up.

Could you please explain what the fuck you mean by second source? not being bitchy (although I will be here in about 30 seconds..) but I have never heard that phrasing before...

and I"m here to tell you. If you stand and stare at a technician while he's working on your car...furthermore if you talk or try to tell him what to do...or shit, "help" - I can motherfuggin guarantee the work won't be as good because of many reasons, a few being:

1. you're an irritating asshole that should realize that if you're not taking it to a reputable shop that you have some sort of trust in anyhow, then DON"T TAKE IT THERE. If you do, that makes you an idiot.
2. because you read something on the intarweb from some SECONDHAND SOURCE about what to do, doesn't make you an expert.
3. because you and your 'friend' decided to half ass something and fucked it up and you now have to get it fixed elsewhere...shut the fuck up and don't bitch about having to pay for labor and EXPERIENCE. There's a reason mechanics charge a fee for their work. It's called their job, mechanics get paid for that.
4. you're an irritating asshole and NO ONE likes to have someone watch over their shoulder. I would guess that they would rather be punching your face out than working on your car.
5. everyone makes mistakes, it's a fact of life. Accept that and realize that if you strive for quality work and research the person, then you have a better chance of less mistakes, but don't fuckin ride their ass about it if they do. Motherfuck - I"m sure you're not perfect.

Then again what would I know.

I may have gotten a little 'off the subject' .....oh well...and the 'you' and 'you're' aren't necessarily ONLY directed towards you.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road

Wow, did I miss something? Not sure all that was necessary, but to each his own.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:36 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by MVaughn
Wow, did I miss something? Not sure all that was necessary, but to each his own.

meh....i have had some irritating customers a while ago (most of them werent from Drag....) that consistently stood over me while i was working on their car and started telling me about how i was doing something etc.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

PMS?

Yea I would guess it could get annoying, but if they are that anal(me ), then they should be doing it themselves to begin with, which is exactly what Adrian(gonzoe00) is saying...

Adrian is dead on the spot though.. every SINGLE time I have taken my truck somewhere, it was fucked up in some way or another... paint job, fucked up.. take it back to get it fixed, still fucked up.. not only did they not paint it worth a SHIT, but the door doesnt even close correctly..

took my wheels to get tires put on, they scratched one of them.. its like everything you work hard for gets fucked up..
Old 06-14-2005, 04:59 AM
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree. whenever it can be done at home, it gets done at home.. it just sucks that i wont have a machine to install tires or a paint booth lol..and i know what you are talking about with taking your car to shops..its not their car so a lot of shops really dont give a shit. they get it in and get it out quick to have a quick turnover and get another car in there. when you rush, the results tend to come out shitty
Old 06-14-2005, 06:42 AM
The Pro to call.

Originally Posted by 00CivicGirl
i agree. whenever it can be done at home, it gets done at home.. it just sucks that i wont have a machine to install tires or a paint booth lol..and i know what you are talking about with taking your car to shops..its not their car so a lot of shops really dont give a shit. they get it in and get it out quick to have a quick turnover and get another car in there. when you rush, the results tend to come out shitty

contrary to popular belief, this is not true of most shops.

some do that....but there are some out there that dont have that mentality. and customers bring alot of shit on themselves too.

Quick Reply: Good and bad places to shop/get work done in Roanoke