Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good and bad places to shop/get work done in Roanoke

Old 06-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gonzoe00 can only hope to improve
Default Re: Good and bad places to shop/get work done in Roanoke

Originally Posted by VTFORDLADY
Could you please explain what the fuck you mean by second source? not being bitchy (although I will be here in about 30 seconds..) but I have never heard that phrasing before...

and I"m here to tell you. If you stand and stare at a technician while he's working on your car...furthermore if you talk or try to tell him what to do...or shit, "help" - I can motherfuggin guarantee the work won't be as good because of many reasons, a few being:

1. you're an irritating asshole that should realize that if you're not taking it to a reputable shop that you have some sort of trust in anyhow, then DON"T TAKE IT THERE. If you do, that makes you an idiot.
2. because you read something on the intarweb from some SECONDHAND SOURCE about what to do, doesn't make you an expert.
3. because you and your 'friend' decided to half ass something and fucked it up and you now have to get it fixed elsewhere...shut the fuck up and don't bitch about having to pay for labor and EXPERIENCE. There's a reason mechanics charge a fee for their work. It's called their job, mechanics get paid for that.
4. you're an irritating asshole and NO ONE likes to have someone watch over their shoulder. I would guess that they would rather be punching your face out than working on your car.
5. everyone makes mistakes, it's a fact of life. Accept that and realize that if you strive for quality work and research the person, then you have a better chance of less mistakes, but don't fuckin ride their ass about it if they do. Motherfuck - I"m sure you're not perfect.

Then again what would I know.

I may have gotten a little 'off the subject' .....oh well...and the 'you' and 'you're' aren't necessarily ONLY directed towards you.
Sorry not going to even respond to that sad shit. If you dont know what I mean by second source you not worth my time. GaRn you said it best and you where nice about it.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:31 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by gonzoe00
Sorry not going to even respond to that sad shit. If you dont know what I mean by second source you not worth my time. GaRn you said it best and you where nice about it.

sad shit? she asked what you meant by second source. and to be honest, i have no clue what you are referring to also.

subletting work maybe?

*edit* and obviously some people can do their own work better then someone that knows what they are doing for a living right?

i hate people with that mentality, most of us in the business refer to them as "enthusiasts" just cause they own a certain kind of car and are on the internet about it all the time doesnt mean they know what they are doing.

yes, there are people that can do work themselves, and do most of the shit in their backyard or garage, and that is the essence of hot rodding.

Mike asked where around here is good and bad, not who does their shit themselves cause they think all shops are ripoff assholes that will fuck your shit up.

there are some jobs that even most backyard mechanics cant do cause of lack of experience or tools, and that is the entire point of this thread. he is wanting to know where people have had good or bad experiences at, not that all shops will fuck your shit up.

and from personal and professional experience, 95% of "enthusiasts" do more damage then good doing their own work.

but what do i know

Last edited by HatefulMechanic; 06-14-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Try not to secound source your work in this area. If you have to do as I watch there every move. Do not leave and come back ! I hate to secound source my car. Every few times I do something gets messed up.
Well, in all fairness, he is in Lynchburg. And we all know about Lynchburg....
Old 06-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fc735
sad shit? she asked what you meant by second source. and to be honest, i have no clue what you are referring to also.

subletting work maybe?
I'm not sure either I know what out sourcing is but second sourcing I'm not to sure about. Maybe it’s where they take it to a shop because they charge less then anyone else and that shop fucks it up so they then take a "second" shot at it and take it to a competent tech. Maybe since it took two shops and two tries that's second sourcing.... but hey how would I know I'm not the one that made up the word
Old 06-14-2005, 07:48 AM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

oh wahhh. I was actually being nice and asking you what you meant. If you want to get shitty go for it. The rest of my post wasn't even aimed at you. Wah.

Old 06-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MVaughn
While I do all my work, I do need some things like welding, pressing bearings out, ect. on my cars at times. What places are good and bad in Roanoke as far as work quality/cost?
I was at Pro Line Performance today. I think that is what it was called. I talked with a guy named Mike if I remember correctly. He said he had two mustangs, both 89's. Seemed like a nice guy. Just looking for other places in Roanoke. New to the area.

Michael
I'll ask my dad, there is some place near down town that he knows/ uses some times.

There is a mechanic that does work at the muffler shop on Peterscreek across from the Harley dealership that my family has always had good experiences with.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:50 AM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GaRn
Yea I would guess it could get annoying, but if they are that anal(me ), then they should be doing it themselves to begin with, which is exactly what Adrian(gonzoe00) is saying...
exactly. thanks for putting it in a complete sentence and not making up words.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
I'm not sure either I know what out sourcing is but second sourcing I'm not to sure about. Maybe it’s where they take it to a shop because they charge less then anyone else and that shop fucks it up so they then take a "second" shot at it and take it to a competent tech. Maybe since it took two shops and two tries that's second sourcing.... but hey how would I know I'm not the one that made up the word

Second Sourcing This is a term used in most parts buissnesses when the source(say for instance advance auto parts) you are trying has done everything possible to find the part and they cannot get it, they suggest a local second source (such as napa or autozone). Second source can be used in many different ways. So in GONZO's instance He would be working on his car (the source) would be a different mechanic. and he is right alot of people around here are just certified idiots. But i still dont see why this post had to go anal over two words, drama queen

Source= You
Second source= someone else
and its not a new term it has been used for years, being a mechanic i am supprised you have never heard this joey
Old 06-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I don't see what all the fuss is about, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what "second sourcing" means, especially in the context of the post, it's pretty obvious.

EDIT: I think VTFordLady's sig sums that up though

Adrian, you wanna meet up today at like 5:30 so I can buy the "stuff"?

.lol... y0, j00 g0tz t3h stuff mang?..
Old 06-14-2005, 09:13 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

this thread is retarded..

Quick Reply: Good and bad places to shop/get work done in Roanoke