Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good and bad places to shop/get work done in Roanoke

Old 06-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Good and bad places to shop/get work done in Roanoke

Originally Posted by fc735
i am not backing my wife just cause she is my wife. i agree 100% with what she said because its the truth.

i dont know if any of you have ever had to deal with some of the customers i have had to, or had to deal with some of the work that was attempted and fucked up that i had to fix, but if you did you would completely understand her points.

they were not directed toward anyone on this site, as stated several times, so there should be no reason for people getting all pissy about what she said, but apparently it touched home with somone
Speaking as one of Joey's customers (who was probably WAY more of a headache than he could have imagined ) I do see his side. I have seen some of the stuff that comes into his shop, and, yes, a good deal of it is fixing things a customer thought they could fix themselves.

In fact, I worked on a friend's WRX recently, and when I got in there, he had half of the bolts missing, loose lines, etc. from where he tried to fix it himself. I did the best I could to put it back together, but there is only so much I (or any mechanic) could do.

I'm not going to get into any of this "outsourcing" or "second sourcing" or anything because I have no experience to draw from.

But I will say this: A good mechanic is expensive. That's why a lot of people try to do things themselves. But, like in most all aspects of life, you get what you pay for.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:13 AM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

NO fucking shit it was an opinion. I stated that. Glad everyone finally realized that.

The funny thing is I do actually agree with you on about, shoot 85% of the shops out there...and I"ve only been working at Napa for a month or so - there are some real tards out there.

his comment did hit a spot. I pointed that out. geez. He stated an opinion. I countered it, while agreeing with him for the most part....

Furthermore, believe me when we say that we don't back each other up because we're hubby and wife...he does something stupid I tell him, I do - he tells me. so that was just a funny comment.

It's just amusing when everyone gets all bent out of shape about someone stating their opinion on this site if it isn't the majority's opinion - friggin hilarious.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:13 AM
'bout time

motherfuck..he speaks
Old 06-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I think it's just you seem to have this whole offensive attitude thing goin on, or it just appears that way..

I don't even know where this thread stands now lol.. next topic? ha..

basically..

1) If you can do it yourself, do it.

2) If you have doubts, get a mechanic to do it, don't fuck it up.

3) If you take it to a shitty mechanic and it doesn't turn out the way you wanted it to, refer to 1 and 2 next time or find a decent mechanic.

Now, where are some good places/names to get stuff done (Besides Joey b/c it would only bug someone THIS much if they actually did care lol.)?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:16 PM
'bout time

I could name a few places but they're in Cburg/Bburg/Radford so of no help really to Roanoke people.

I could name triple the amount of 'not good' places though which is the point - I agree with that.

and you're right I am being defensive, just like adrian was being open about his opinion.....OH MY GAWD...who woulda thought!!!

and wasn't making the 'motherfuck he speaks' comment to you chad as in you were the person I was speaking of. Although in all fairness ya could've been..this is a totally different sitation. This guy paid the mulah - just acted like and remains to be an 'irritating asshole'. However, if there were a person to agree with my point - yea, you'd have to be high up on the list.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

No problem. I didn't think it was directed towards me. What with the whole "someone I've never seen on Drag" comment posted earlier....

But, yeah, I know all too well what you are talking about.

Oh, and before anyone asks what we are talking about, don't. It's between me and Joey, and it's resolved now...
Old 06-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

GROUP HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 02:26 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Old 06-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fc735

lol, that dudes chin looks like a dinasaur egg.. just thought I'd throw that in there
Old 06-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Just thought I would throw out the fact that I have never said anything on here that I would not say in meat space to someone’s face. I'm a cranky bastard with 0 tolerance for stupid people/slow people/old people/bitchy people/unrealistic people these days. I mean your talking to someone that got kicked out of and asked not to come back to Crystal Burger in Bristol... I think it has something to do with the people I put up with on a daily basses in meat space and them sucking the humanity out of me.