Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Got my first ticket today...but not for speeding, guess..

Old 11-20-2007 | 02:35 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Got my first ticket today...but not for speeding, guess..

Well,
Today I was driving home now that im on break. I was about 1/2 mile from my home when my V1 picked up major KA. After turning a corner there were two cops on the shoulder of the road moderating traffic at the local middle school.

One was the gunmetal gray charger undercover cop around in Roanoke County. He immediately pulled out after I passed and followed me all the way to my road. By the time he had pulled out I had unplugged and pulled the Valentine One off from behind my visor. I thought he was following to pull me over for my window tint or something, but never did the radar detector cross my mind...I put it in the glove box just to be safe. He then whipped around me and turned off. My friend and I went home, grabbed the other car and headed back out to the shop. I put the Valentine one back up behind my visor and plugged it in.

We passed through the SAME area and he was there waiting again. This time he pulled out behind my friend in the other car and was looking INSIDE the car at the stoplight. Next he pulled up beside me and was eyeballing me the whole time.

10 seconds later I was pulled over in a parking lot. He walks over and says "So wheres the radar detector...." and I go "...radar detector?" and he says "yes, i know you have one, I picked it up on my machine..." all the while im thinking WHAT THE HELL??

I proceed to pull it down off my windshield and he says, "so you know they're illegal then huh, you shut it off when you passed by me the first time...dont think I didnt know." By this point im really confused, ITS A VALENTINE ONE, how does he know?!

He then goes on to tell me hes picked up the signal from my other audi, and the rx7 as well a few days ago when I passed by, but he wasnt able to pull me over then. Now im thinking gosh damn, he knows each time i've had it on going by him and in what car!!!!

I go, "how did you know?"....he then told me he had been commissioned a new "instrument" - Specter 3.

I was like WTF...so he wrote me the ticket and told me to put it away. I cant believe I got caught with a concealed valentine one in VA? Is this old news to me or is specter 3 NOT supposed to be out in these areas?

Looks like I may be selling this and getting a Bel STi.
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:38 PM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n
Default Re: Got my first ticket today...but not for speeding, guess..

Wow he's been watching you.
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:42 PM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

wow that sucks time to upgrade.
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:42 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

news to me, but on a side note. you have 2 S4's and a RX-7.....your my idol.
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:43 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by futrhondaownr
Wow he's been watching you.
Yeah. Hes the only cop thats ever pulled me over...and i've been pulled 6 times.

He goes "soo how many times have I gotten you before?"

Got me in the M3, the Tacoma, the Imola S4, and now the Silver S4.

All for bullshit stuff too, i've NEVER gotten a speeding ticket. He probably has figured out why he's never gotten me speeding.

Im going to buy a Bel STi this week. Its specter III immune.
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:44 PM
Pulling The Weight

PureBreed has disabled reputation

This is why I wont buy one, it's really no use.
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:45 PM
Capitalist Pig

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
news to me, but on a side note. you have 2 S4's and a RX-7.....your my idol.
RX7's my dad's, but he's picked up the V1 signal from that car too, so I hope he doesnt go after my dad some day when my dad is just toting around without the V1. hahahahaha
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:47 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
news to me, but on a side note. you have 2 S4's and a RX-7.....you and your father are my idols.
Fixed that for you.
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:47 PM
Capitalist Pig

Originally Posted by PureBreed
This is why I wont buy one, it's really no use.
Dont get me started on how many times its kept me out of speeding tickets.

Again, I've NEVER had a speeding ticket in my life. The Radar Detector ticker is a $40 fine.

All I have to do is get a Bel STi, no biggy, so theres a reason they arent useless.
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:48 PM
I'm so thirsty

drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard

Sounds like the cop has a crush on you....pulled you over 6 times huh.

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket today...but not for speeding, guess..