Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Gray turbo civic hatch?

Old 09-14-2006, 07:56 PM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Gray turbo civic hatch?

Originally Posted by Boostedb20vtec
yea I know the guy it runs pretty good its not slow b20 turbo
not another one
Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
what's the owners name? that sounds awfully familiar based on the license plate. was that car a different color in the past?
You are thinking of Blake who had a blue hatchback with a LS swap which he sold.
Originally Posted by GaRn
Ive seen him, if its a turbo B20, at the usual 7 psi, then its probably putting down 190-200 whp, not slow in a hatch, as the sarcastic license plate would make you think lol..
who says 7psi is "the usual" on a B20? And 190-200whp on a turbo honda isnt really fast.

Originally Posted by TNGChris
judging by what you said in your intro-7.8's in street trim,you'd have absolutely no problem with that Civic.
Chris
my stock b20 hatch with a turbo kit ran 7.6-7.7 in the 1/8th.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:19 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by MP5

yeah,in street trim too-right?with an FMU and basic turbo kit?how much boost?what kind of traps?
Chris
Old 09-15-2006, 03:31 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MP5
That's moving pretty good. My 7.8's were with me lifting cause it was running lean, she'll be back in the low 7's soon. And with me on DR's, I think it would have been pretty ugly for him.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:53 AM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

yeah,in street trim too-right?with an FMU and basic turbo kit?how much boost?what kind of traps?
Chris
no, i did not know that you knew the guy. I was stating that a hatch with a stock B20 on boost can run 7.8 and even a tad faster in the 1/8th.

I am not using an FMU, and i have a custom pieced together turbo kit, but i wouldnt say that there is anything special about it. I was/am running 1 bar of boost. And i trapped between 93 and 95 mph. And this is after the engine setup has been ran to death for 3 years.

As far as street trim, i was on slicks. But becides that everything remains the same. But they were racing from a roll so the slicks wouldnt have effected anything.

Once again im not saying this is the case for that certain hatch, but it is possible for a hatch with a bone stock DOHC motor with a turbo kit to run 7.8 in the 1/8th.

Oh and sweet truck!
Old 09-15-2006, 06:59 AM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

Originally Posted by bad360rt
That's moving pretty good. My 7.8's were with me lifting cause it was running lean, she'll be back in the low 7's soon. And with me on DR's, I think it would have been pretty ugly for him.
More than likely it probably would have been ugly for him. Have you ever ran a full 1/4? And remember things change when you go from a roll instead of a stop.
Although from the sound of things this guy isnt running on a tuned setup.

Sweet truck though! I wouldnt mind having one.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:11 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MP5
who says 7psi is "the usual" on a B20? And 190-200whp on a turbo honda isnt really fast.
If you go back and read what I said, you would realize that I said 7 psi is "the usual." 90% of the turbo Honda's in the Roanoke area have greddy/drag/etc kits. I never said 190-200 whp was fast, again, read. I said it wasn't slow.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:32 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MP5
More than likely it probably would have been ugly for him. Have you ever ran a full 1/4? And remember things change when you go from a roll instead of a stop.
Although from the sound of things this guy isnt running on a tuned setup.

Sweet truck though! I wouldnt mind having one.
Yeah, I hate rolls, low stall auto with the aero of a brick LOL My truck is best from a dig. For the last four years I lived about 20 mins away from a great 1/4 mile track in NJ, Atco, man I miss that Best 1/4 run was 11.3@120, that was on a 7.2@96 1/8th mile. Once I get my fuel issues sorted out it should be running like that again.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by MP5
no, i did not know that you knew the guy. I was stating that a hatch with a stock B20 on boost can run 7.8 and even a tad faster in the 1/8th.

I am not using an FMU, and i have a custom pieced together turbo kit, but i wouldnt say that there is anything special about it. I was/am running 1 bar of boost. And i trapped between 93 and 95 mph. And this is after the engine setup has been ran to death for 3 years.

As far as street trim, i was on slicks. But becides that everything remains the same. But they were racing from a roll so the slicks wouldnt have effected anything.

Once again im not saying this is the case for that certain hatch, but it is possible for a hatch with a bone stock DOHC motor with a turbo kit to run 7.8 in the 1/8th.

Oh and sweet truck!
a stock internal B20 on boost in a light car could run 7.8s-BUT,on slicks.on street tires(i mean real street tires-not DRs),an 8.5 is about all you'll get out of a turbo honda,regardless of if it has 200WHP or 500WHP.my car on 213WHP would spin almost through the whole 1/8th on street tires. 8.8s were the best i could get out of it.with 50 more WHP,it still went 8.8s .for five years of being turbo'd,and making hundreds of passes,the best it went was 8.8 .several other turbo Hondas i built never even got into the 8's at all on street tires.on slicks,it went 8.0 with a 2.3 60'(launch limiter WAY too low.didn't have a laptop to change it).it should easily go 7.8 or faster with a 1.8ish 60'.
the OP in the Dakota is talking about 7.8s on street tires,with the truck not at it's full potential.on slicks,he's talking about low 7's!about the only way a stock internal boosted B20 is going to go low 7's is on slicks,in a full race car that could get down well below 2000lbs.

my point is that NO stock internal turbo Honda is going to be able to do anything with this truck in matching trim-street tires or slicks,on the track or the street.

as far as slicks not affecting anything from a roll-unless you're going from a 70+MPH roll,it would affect any turbo's Honda making any amount of power.from the usual 15 or 20MPH roll,my car would have it's ass handed to it by anything RWD.

to MP5:what are you using for management?1 BAR on a stock B20 is pretty crazy.i'm scared running 12psi on my stock C1 with a good tune.

chris
Old 09-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

1 BAR on a stock B20 is pretty crazy.i'm scared running 12psi on my stock C1 with a good tune.

chris
I have only gone to 10-12ish psi on my H23, but I have noticed all the guys making 400+ whp on their stock block honda motors usually say something to the effect of: If you want to make power on your stock block, you can't be afraid/scared..

I would think if you monitor knock well and have a good running maintained engine otherwise then go for it hehe.. others have already proved stock block potential..

Of course, I can't say much since I am the one parting out my setup instead of pushing forward :/
Old 09-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by GaRn
I have only gone to 10-12ish psi on my H23, but I have noticed all the guys making 400+ whp on their stock block honda motors usually say something to the effect of: If you want to make power on your stock block, you can't be afraid/scared..

I would think if you monitor knock well and have a good running maintained engine otherwise then go for it hehe.. others have already proved stock block potential..

Of course, I can't say much since I am the one parting out my setup instead of pushing forward :/
do you mean stock block(as in unsleeved),but aftermarket parts otherwise like pistons and rods?or,do you mean stock rods,pistons-everything?
i've seen VERY few 400WHP cars on stock pistons and rods.they might make that number,but only do it a few times.84mm bore on a B-series engine is not going to stand up to too much boost-i'm really impressed that MP5's engine has lasted three years at 1BAR.
around 14-15psi is about the limit on a totally internally stock B or H series engine,and that's pushing it bigtime.you better have a perfect tune(not the kind of thing you'll accomplish on an FMU and street tune).you still have plenty of weak links-thin cylinder walls/weak rods on the B20,crappy pistons on the H22,high compression on the VTEC B-series engines limiting timing-that are going to make it very easy to kill that engine.all of the Honda engines have relatively weak pistons and rods.
stock blocks can handle all kinds of power.my new engine contains stronger rods and pistons,but a totally stock block with stock sleeves.it should make around 500WHP.the H22 stock sleeves are capable of over 700WHP.

chris

Quick Reply: Gray turbo civic hatch?