Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Guys & Dolls tonight, anyone?

Old 11-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Guys & Dolls tonight, anyone?

It is a nice pool hall. Making money would depend on how good you are. I've never seen you play. I know several guys who will play for money but their billiard skills are amazing.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cootees
It is a nice pool hall. Making money would depend on how good you are. I've never seen you play. I know several guys who will play for money but their billiard skills are amazing.
I suck. Maybe.

I better be somewhat ok since I just spent $220 on a new cue. I was practicing a lot this summer, but haven't played much since. I just got a new table so I'll get back into it. I love playing pool... And I'd love to get real good so I can win some dough.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Ivy Tadita

Maybe this weekend sometime I will get back over there to play... although if I had my own table I don't think I would be spending money to go play on a public table.

$220 on a cue.. sheesh.. I spent $75 on mine and thought that was a bit over the top. lol
Old 11-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Famous...

Originally Posted by cootees
Maybe this weekend sometime I will get back over there to play... although if I had my own table I don't think I would be spending money to go play on a public table.

$220 on a cue.. sheesh.. I spent $75 on mine and thought that was a bit over the top. lol
Haha. $220 is a lot. But I loved this cue one of my friends had... So I had to get one.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Haha. $220 is a lot. But I loved this cue one of my friends had... So I had to get one.
$220? Try $3500...

Oh, and obviously I didn't make it a few days ago, but I'm always down for playing for some cash if someone wants to do it. I'm not very good, though...

Old 11-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Famous...

Originally Posted by Cosmo
$220? Try $3500...

Oh, and obviously I didn't make it a few days ago, but I'm always down for playing for some cash if someone wants to do it. I'm not very good, though...

What the hell was $3500? I know you aren't talking about a stick.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Ivy Tadita

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
What the hell was $3500? I know you aren't talking about a stick.
I know there are some out there for that price... but jeeze...

Chad, I know you did not spend that much on one.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I've spent more than that on them. The one I play with now was $3500. It was made for me in '93. Today it would be over $5000 I believe. I had over $25,000 worth of cues at one time. I've sold all but two of them now.

And, yes, there is a difference between a $200 cue and a $2000 cue. When you are just starting out, you may not be able to tell. But I've been playing for almost 20 years, and once you get serious and really learn the game, a good cue is essential. All the ones I have are made for me. You can tell the difference between different materials, different joint designs, different tapers for the shafts, etc. I have pretty specific specs for a cue that I will play with. I can play with anything, but there is a certain design that just feels right to me.

Check out www.cuemaker.com. That's a friend of mine in Michigan that makes my cues for me. He's a little bit insane so his site is weird. Do a Google search for "custom cues" and see what you come up with...
Old 11-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Registered Member

flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low

the only time i want to go into guys and dolls now is on a weeknight after 11 pm, on the weekends there's just too many people...

and chad is a hustler, don't believe him people
Old 11-25-2006, 02:27 AM
Famous...

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I've spent more than that on them. The one I play with now was $3500. It was made for me in '93. Today it would be over $5000 I believe. I had over $25,000 worth of cues at one time. I've sold all but two of them now.

And, yes, there is a difference between a $200 cue and a $2000 cue. When you are just starting out, you may not be able to tell. But I've been playing for almost 20 years, and once you get serious and really learn the game, a good cue is essential. All the ones I have are made for me. You can tell the difference between different materials, different joint designs, different tapers for the shafts, etc. I have pretty specific specs for a cue that I will play with. I can play with anything, but there is a certain design that just feels right to me.

Check out www.cuemaker.com. That's a friend of mine in Michigan that makes my cues for me. He's a little bit insane so his site is weird. Do a Google search for "custom cues" and see what you come up with...
I hope you are a complete badass at pool. Since Viking pools are only around $1000... I have no idea how a cue could probably cost $3500. Damn... I thought I spent a lot.

Quick Reply: Guys & Dolls tonight, anyone?