Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Hikers?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Hikers?

Now that bike season is behind me, I'm getting back into doing more hiking.

Anyone want to get together and do some hiking? Banjo music is optional...
Old 10-28-2009, 08:58 AM
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

slowz06 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hikers?

yay for hiking
Old 10-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

3 fingers, 5 strings, and no worries.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

chad, where do you want to go? I love some hiking. Dragons tooth and apple orchard falls are by far my two favorites of the ones I have been on before.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I've done both of them and like them both. I want to do Sharp Top mountain. There are remains of a B52 bomber up there that crashed in the 40's. There aren't any official maps to it but I got the GPS coordinates from a friend who has been there many times.

But, I'm down to do most anything. My wife and I are celebrating our one year anniversary this weekend by hiking up at the Peaks, but I'd like to do some longer and more challenging hikes soon. I'm just not a big camper. I hate carrying that much stuff on my back.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:43 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I've done both of them and like them both. I want to do Sharp Top mountain. There are remains of a B52 bomber up there that crashed in the 40's. There aren't any official maps to it but I got the GPS coordinates from a friend who has been there many times.

But, I'm down to do most anything. My wife and I are celebrating our one year anniversary this weekend by hiking up at the Peaks, but I'd like to do some longer and more challenging hikes soon. I'm just not a big camper. I hate carrying that much stuff on my back.
Im down for this for only the plane! I love that era.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cosmo

B25 plane. I've heard of it several times but never been there. It's a hot spot in the area for urban explorations. I'm game to go with you. Just give me a date and time... not this saturday though.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:32 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'm down for some hiking, as long as I haven't stayed out drinking all night the night before and as long as I take plenty of water! lol.. I had trouble the last time, but it was severely hot, 9.5 miles each way, and I was dehydrated for numerous reasons. Awful!