Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need a cheap but good paint shop!!

Old 10-14-2005, 07:04 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: I need a cheap but good paint shop!!

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
earl and maaco fucking HELL NO...father used to work for woodings in se roanoke....maaco and earl they spray your car with acid etching primer than paint over the exisiting paint......its bull shit...alot of people bitch about it when all the defects from the orignal paint appear.....and spend more $$ to get it repaired...
Originally Posted by Zero Cylinder
Maaco in lynchburg, decent work for cheap prices.

Cheap or good, pick one of the two, you won't get both.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:48 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work

Iam lucky.....i paid 1/4th for the gallon of paint and clear coat.....and iam going to prep the bumper...thats all i gotta do...his car gets sprayed soon....so its all cool with me...only 50 bucks....
Old 10-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

slammed has disabled reputation

cool glad to hear things worked out well.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Banned

2002BLGT is an unknown quantity at this point

earl and maaco fucking HELL NO...father used to work for woodings in se roanoke....maaco and earl they spray your car with acid etching primer than paint over the exisiting paint......its bull shit...alot of people bitch about it when all the defects from the orignal paint appear.....and spend more $$ to get it repaired...
acid etching ??? wtf are you talking about , you dont know paint work from a whole in the ground dipweed , etching primer not acid etching primer is what you are going to get at any good paint shop that knows any fucking thing about what they are doing .........my explorer was painted at maaco in lynchburg 3 fucking years ago and it looks as good now as the day I left there with it and havent waxed the fucking thing but once and hardly even wash the dam thing and people ask me all the time who painted it and ITS FUCKING BROWN METALLIC so how fucking good does a shit color like brown have to look to get compliments on a 3 year old 500 dollar paint job which including stripping down the whole top of it to fix peeling off clearcoat , jesus christ I wish some people would educate themselves on a topic before you post shit , your father was probably a sander or detailer and dont know shit about actual paint or body work so why dont you ride down there to maaco and talk to the guys and get let some of the guys there educate your stupid ass and take your father with you so he might learn something ......my friend had his mustang down there to get the frame pulled on the car and was going to get the front end painted because he figured it would be fucked up when they got done with it , but they took such good car of the car and got the car so lined up straight that what scratches were there which was very few, from the accident with a ditch that he didnt even get them to paint the car , just buffed it when he got it home cost him less than a grand to fix and this was a previous 4 thousand dollar estimate ......I will back them up all the way , anybody doubt them , just go take a look at the corvette sitting in the lot ..I was there when they brought in the car which looked like it couldnt even be fixed .....
Old 10-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

2002blgt has been known to spray a few vehicles....

and looks damn good for not being done in a paint booth.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:24 AM
It tilts

Originally Posted by Zero Cylinder
2002blgt has been known to spray a few vehicles....

and looks damn good for not being done in a paint booth.

yea..well i got lucky...his insurnace was paying to have the car painted anyway..i talked to chris..and he said around 200ish.....but he's having his friend from some custom shop down here do it just for materials......his car is going to be esclade white....so he told me just pitch in on the materials and help prep that side...i said ok...
Old 10-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Banned

2002BLGT is an unknown quantity at this point

yea..well i got lucky...his insurnace was paying to have the car painted anyway..i talked to chris..and he said around 200ish.....but he's having his friend from some custom shop down here do it just for materials......his car is going to be esclade white....so he told me just pitch in on the materials and help prep that side...i said ok...

thats cool and just so you know there is a think called acid etching primer but its shit that dentist use on your teeth man LOL .........
Old 10-16-2005, 08:38 AM
It tilts

Originally Posted by 2002BLGT
thats cool and just so you know there is a think called acid etching primer but its shit that dentist use on your teeth man LOL .........

sorry we use acid etching at work to mark certain motherboards..etc..and yea...ive seen maaco's and earl's work...they just spray that shit over your paint and paint it...ask clay...Musicmaniac4life about his...he had orange peel and bubbling out the ass....
Old 10-16-2005, 08:41 AM
It tilts

Originally Posted by 2002BLGT
acid etching ??? wtf are you talking about , you dont know paint work from a whole in the ground dipweed , etching primer not acid etching primer is what you are going to get at any good paint shop that knows any fucking thing about what they are doing .........my explorer was painted at maaco in lynchburg 3 fucking years ago and it looks as good now as the day I left there with it and havent waxed the fucking thing but once and hardly even wash the dam thing and people ask me all the time who painted it and ITS FUCKING BROWN METALLIC so how fucking good does a shit color like brown have to look to get compliments on a 3 year old 500 dollar paint job which including stripping down the whole top of it to fix peeling off clearcoat , jesus christ I wish some people would educate themselves on a topic before you post shit , your father was probably a sander or detailer and dont know shit about actual paint or body work so why dont you ride down there to maaco and talk to the guys and get let some of the guys there educate your stupid ass and take your father with you so he might learn something ......my friend had his mustang down there to get the frame pulled on the car and was going to get the front end painted because he figured it would be fucked up when they got done with it , but they took such good car of the car and got the car so lined up straight that what scratches were there which was very few, from the accident with a ditch that he didnt even get them to paint the car , just buffed it when he got it home cost him less than a grand to fix and this was a previous 4 thousand dollar estimate ......I will back them up all the way , anybody doubt them , just go take a look at the corvette sitting in the lot ..I was there when they brought in the car which looked like it couldnt even be fixed .....
he worked for grumman products..he painted the line of green/yellow fire trucks for years....he was also there pinstripper....he knows a few things...enough he has done a few cars before he decdied to move onto better things.....he painted my escourt in our garage for under 150 bucks and it looked just as good as the ones macco wanted 500 for........down here they got a bad rep.....ive seen some cars come out that you can tell were the body filler is...They also did 2 of our work trucks that were in fender benders......they body filled the dents and painted over them...sadly the filler is falling out now....you may have a great one up there....but down here there in a hurry to get you right back out of the garage bay