Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

i thought we could put forsale items here...

Old 10-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20psi 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i thought we could put forsale items here...

if we want to sell something and would prefer to not ship it, can we post it in the western section so a buyer could pick it up locally?
Old 10-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean
Default Re: i thought we could put forsale items here...

good call asking first...
Old 10-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

no thats what the sales forum is for..
Old 10-07-2005, 04:22 AM
Registered Member

20psi 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point

i'll abide. thanks! :0)
Old 10-07-2005, 09:14 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jesus
no thats what the sales forum is for..
Just something i've seen from other forums and maybe it would be possible to allow this on here, that's up to you moderators of course. Could we have it so that we can make our for sale post in the for sale forum and then for our specific region we can make a post giving a small description and linking to the post in the for sale forum. No bumping or anything in the regional forum but it would give a nice heads up to the locals who are more likely to buy that someone from far away. Just an idea...
Old 10-07-2005, 10:00 AM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Yea...sorta like TM does...they have it posted by cities etc...maybe just a dragva western for sale...stickyed at the top ??

This way if we have something local..such as a PS2..that we know others want....we can get it sold pretty fast..and not have to drive across the state to do so....i wouldnt mind a "western for sale" sticked at the top...anybody else think its a good idea ??

even better for cars!! ...dont have to drive forever to get disapointed..or tow the bitch back..cus its within your area!!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:47 AM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

Originally Posted by Keepin it Klean
good call asking first...
Alright, you've got my attention. I think the idea is worth considering as I agree that local selling has obvious benefits for all parties involved.

What I don't like is the idea of cross posting or making another FS section in all the regional sections. A stickied FS thread in each regional forum will quickly get whored up and become a mess.

There is an option of splitting the "other fs/wanted" forum into regions, however, that also might create more of a mess than it is worth.

Go ahead and discuss it and/or post other possible changes and we'll consider it.

You're pretty much weighing the pros/cons of not having to search the "other fw/wanted" forum (which just boils down to laziness) versus the need to keep things on this site neat.

Keep in mind the idea has to be BETTER than the current structure and it also must be neat and organized if we're going to change anything.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:51 AM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Heat
Alright, you've got my attention. I think the idea is worth considering as I agree that local selling has obvious benefits for all parties involved.

What I don't like is the idea of cross posting or making another FS section in all the regional sections. A stickied FS thread in each regional forum will quickly get whored up and become a mess.

There is an option of splitting the "other fs/wanted" forum into regions, however, that also might create more of a mess than it is worth.

Go ahead and discuss it and/or post other possible changes and we'll consider it.

You're pretty much weighing the pros/cons of not having to search the "other fw/wanted" forum (which just boils down to laziness) versus the need to keep things on this site neat.

Keep in mind the idea has to be BETTER than the current structure and it also must be neat and organized if we're going to change anything.
Not sure if it could be done here..but the other forum software i looked at for my upcoming page had a neat little tool..any regional forums i have would be replicated into the "main" fs.....kinda neat..so its still out on the main fs...yet....the regionals would have a sticky..sorta like replications....
Old 10-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

The regional forums sound like a good idea and a bad idea at the same time. Most people do not mind shipping items unless they are large. This would be a good idea for those large items or to browse and see what is for sale semi-locally.

On the downside it will be more work, and be more cluttered. From a moderators stand point of view I can see why they would not want to do this. The only way I can think of to setit up so it is less cluttered and to keep cross posting down would be to create a regional category in the classifieds section and to have hidden subcategorys for each region. (This meaning you can not actually see the subcategories from the main forum index. You will need to click on the regional category and open a new page to see them.) This option is possible to do in vbulletin. However it may be more work than it is worth.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:17 PM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

My basic idea would be to allow a heads up type of post in the regional forum for the region your located in. It would still have to have the same format as a for sale post. EG: FS VIS Carbon Fiber Hood 92-95 Civic. The content of the post would have to contain a link to post in the For Sale forum and only a small description of the item being sold. Of course no bumping of this thread would be allowed and cross posting into every regional forum would be tolerated. This would be for those of us that prefer local transactions or want to make the item aware to people who don't drift from their regional forum. I know it wouldn't be much of a cluttering problem here in western but i dont know about the larger regions like nova. I'd say no WTB threads in regional only FS to cut down a little bit on the clutter.

Quick Reply: i thought we could put forsale items here...