Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I'm back!

Old 09-16-2006, 04:18 AM
Famous...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default I'm back!

Guess what guys... I was soooo close. And then, being the moron that I am, started reading a thread. I got all into it, clicked reply, wrote a response, clicked submit, and as soon as I clicked it, I knew what I had done. FUCK@#$%^&*()!?!?!?!?

Anyway, I thought I did pretty good. And I do have a video of the race if I can get it up.

Also... The RX-7 is ready too be brought out. But I'm going to be truthful... This thing is fucking crazy. I can't get the car moving without spinning, even on solid pavement. The clutch is crazy, the shifter is crazy, etc. Luckily even after 2 years of hardly driving manuals, I can still get around in it pretty good. And its loud as shit. So hopefully I'll be in Roanoke next weekend if you guys want to get together.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:16 AM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm back!

sucky, i'll be out of town this coming weekend. i would like to check it out sometime though.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

hell yeah, i wann check this thing out!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

what do you mean about the clutch/shifter being crazy?

sounds pretty cool
Old 09-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Famous...

Originally Posted by GaRn
what do you mean about the clutch/shifter being crazy?

sounds pretty cool

Its just... Wierd. The shifty is notchy, and you're in the next gear after like 2 inches of moving the shifter. The clutch is rough. Every gear I go in the car is jumpy and such. And I can barely get the car moving without spinning, jumping, etc. Its just different and new to me.

The bad news. Drove the car around this morning and son of bitch. The front end is jumpy and needs an alignment BAD. The coolant buzzer keeps going off and its pissing me off. Also, the speedo only works half of the time. So more work for me. YAY! Hopefully I will get everything fixed by next weekend.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Its just... Wierd. The shifty is notchy, and you're in the next gear after like 2 inches of moving the shifter. The clutch is rough. Every gear I go in the car is jumpy and such. And I can barely get the car moving without spinning, jumping, etc. Its just different and new to me.

The bad news. Drove the car around this morning and son of bitch. The front end is jumpy and needs an alignment BAD. The coolant buzzer keeps going off and its pissing me off. Also, the speedo only works half of the time. So more work for me. YAY! Hopefully I will get everything fixed by next weekend.
Ahh I gotcha, try to find the right seating position.. that makes the difference.. If I am ONE notch off of the perfect seating position for me in my car I go from pretty smooth to jerkiness when shifting.. its weird.

You will get all the bugs worked out in no time I'm sure..
Old 09-17-2006, 06:11 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Is it a race clutch? Instantly engage and there's really no feather to it?
Old 09-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Famous...

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Is it a race clutch? Instantly engage and there's really no feather to it?
Yeah, I suppose. It's one of those stage 4 things. It's almost like as soon as I begin to let the clutch out, once it gets to a certain point, the car wants to just move. But the pedal is really soft and it is a long move to get the clutch fully out... It's a bit wierd.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:52 AM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Yeah, I suppose. It's one of those stage 4 things. It's almost like as soon as I begin to let the clutch out, once it gets to a certain point, the car wants to just move. But the pedal is really soft and it is a long move to get the clutch fully out... It's a bit wierd.
let me drive it.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Representin TeamDOHC

SickEJ1 has disabled reputation

is your setup running aaggressive cam? I have a friend w/ a mustang w/ X-cam in it, and it lopes really hard, hard to take off from a light without spinning,or just normal driving like criusing is almost impossible without spilling drink ..I don't know what your set up is , but I just know from this experience that what you kinda explianed sounded the same.....G/L w your w/ working your kinks out....I would like to see this thing in action...

Quick Reply: I'm back!