Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Info about cages

Old 12-28-2005, 06:05 AM
Famous...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Info about cages

Damn, this sucks. What to do?

You see pics of peoples cars on the net with cages and harnesses all the time, what the hell do they do to have them?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:14 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Damn, this sucks. What to do?

You see pics of peoples cars on the net with cages and harnesses all the time, what the hell do they do to have them?
No one's saying you can't get your car inspected and pass inspection with illegal equipment.... They're just saying it may or may not be illegal.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

Not a very good pic, but the only one I could find of the cage in my 96 Cobra. Here is the link: http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...highlight=pics

Steve
Old 12-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I gotta say that does look dangerous for a street car in that pic..

But obviously what you are going to need is gonna be determined by what you plan on running with the car, it's not hard to look up, search for the handbook of whatever you are running in and go from there..
Old 12-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Ahhhh

Single turb007 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
What the hell are you talking about? I bought a car you idiot. Know something but you open your dumbass mouth. Good work John and Jackie? For what? Because they did most of the work putting in a D15 in my daily driver Civic while I was working? Super cool, so when are you taking off the single in the RX-7, rebuilding the engine yourself, doing your own Bridgeport (Haha), and putting it all back together? Then tuning it yourself and running 9's in the 1/4? Oh, and then you are going to beat those pesky Cobra's in FC too, huh? But seriously, as soon as you get it back from Rotorsports since you can't do any of it yourself, are you going to challenge a fast car again this time? Steve Floyd, where you at? Blake, you down? Remeber you still have to race Joey Pruitt since you challenegd him too last time. That will be a close race. A truck that runs 6's against a car than runs 9's.

...ummm your gay. Their is a perfect example of what you do everytime. Talking shit that i haven't said, and am not going to do. Joey asked me to run for the hell of it. I know he would beat me, i just like to race ( unlike you). And i'm taking the motor out and taking it to Rotor Sports, at least thats more than you ever did. At least John and Jackie don't have to put my motor in for me.

ps...Dex, come up to james' house.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

silvcobra has disabled reputation

Blake, calm down. This is a post about roll cages not you talking shit to Dex. Get your car back together and tuned and then you can come outrun me, Steve, Joey, and Dex if he has his car together. Right now you don't have much of a car either. BTW are you really pulling the motor youself in your car? And why take the motor to Rotor Sports and not get a rebuild from someone like Rotory Performance that is guarantied? Just curious. And have it tuned on a dyno for specific boost level(s) this time.

Dex, if you want a 6 or 8 point cage then do it. I wouldn't worry about the dumb girls on their cell-phones. The top bar will be behind your seat and up next to the headliner away from your head. It will stiffen the chassis and add protection for rollovers and maybe even some for side impacts. Always wear a seatbelt. Put padding on the bars if it makes you feel more comfortable but it doesn't look good.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Are you talkin about gettin a roll BAR or a roll CAGE?
Old 12-28-2005, 02:35 PM
LS1=Overrated

Way2SloLS1 has disabled reputation

i just asked my friend who is certified and works at 2 garages where they inspect vehicles. and he says that they are legal and you should be able to get the vehicle inspected at any licensed inspectors shop. but i would do as others have said and check woth particular track and class rules before i choose one.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

I've gotten a caged car inspected before...had 5pt. harnesses too.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by marshall
I've gotten a caged car inspected before...had 5pt. harnesses too.
I have too passed with my 4 point without a cage. Tho i got the only street legal harness you can get and one that acts right as such.

Quick Reply: Info about cages