Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

intros and stuff

Old 06-29-2008 | 06:04 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: intros and stuff

Originally Posted by 97svt/01saleen
Yes, I live in Rocky Mount.
Ooooh! I just noticed what looks to be an intercooler and I'm assuming diverter valves? I don't know what those are in the grille, but they look like dv's to me. I didn't realize the car was f/i.......... Tell me about it!
Old 06-29-2008 | 06:08 AM
Registered Member

97svt/01saleen has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Ooooh! I just noticed what looks to be an intercooler and I'm assuming diverter valves? I don't know what those are in the grille, but they look like dv's to me. I didn't realize the car was f/i.......... Tell me about it!
they are bov's and the car is twin turbo.
Old 06-29-2008 | 07:50 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

they are bov's and the car is twin turbo.
Sick! Now it makes sense... I was wondering what was so special about your Cobra when you were talking about the s/c GT barking up the wrong tree. LOL! I guess I just wasn't paying attention. Your car is pretty stealth but normally I would notice something like that right away.

How's traction? What kind of power do you put down?
Old 06-29-2008 | 08:08 AM
Registered Member

Sick! Now it makes sense... I was wondering what was so special about your Cobra when you were talking about the s/c GT barking up the wrong tree. LOL! I guess I just wasn't paying attention. Your car is pretty stealth but normally I would notice something like that right away.

How's traction? What kind of power do you put down?
Thanks, I appreciate it. I like the stealth part, it is very quite until the wastegates open.

Ummm.. traction... I have not tried first but my guess is that it is pointless. 2nd gear it kind of depends, sometimes it hooks and sometimes it breaks loose at the top, but 3rd and 4th are good. I'm running 315 nitto DR now but plan to switch and try the Hoosier 335 dr. Unless Mickey's come off back order. I was surprised with the power it made that it hooks this well.

I would rather not say how much it made, I would like to keep the stealth part. Nothing personal. Most TT Cobras range from 500whp to 900whp.
I will say that mine is a fully built motor and as of now I'm running 15lbs. and 18* of total timing on pump gas.

My break-in tune was 480whp and 450wtrq on only 7lbs. and 11* of total timing

Last edited by 97svt/01saleen; 06-29-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-29-2008 | 08:23 AM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I like the stealth part, it is very quite until the wastegates open.

Ummm.. traction... I have not tried first but my guess is that it is pointless. 2nd gear it kind of depends, sometimes it hooks and sometimes it breaks loose at the top, but 3rd and 4th are good. I'm running 315 nitto DR now but plan to switch and try the Hoosier 335 dr. Unless Mickey's come off back order. I was surprised with the power it made that it hooks this well.

I would rather not say how much it made, I would like to keep the stealth part. Nothing personal. Most TT Cobras range from 500whp to 900whp.
I will say that mine is a fully built motor and as of now I'm running 15lbs. and 18* of total timing on pump gas.

My break-in tune was 480whp and 450wtrq on only 7lbs. and 11* of total timing
In other words slow. Lol jk. Sounds like a beast, good looking sleeper.
Old 06-29-2008 | 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 07 FG2
In other words slow. Lol jk. Sounds like a beast, good looking sleeper.
Thank you very much. My brother wants me to keep the paint the way it is to help the sleeper image.lol.
Old 06-29-2008 | 08:49 AM
wub wub wub wub

Okay, well then maybe I can answer my own question with other questions... How do you think the car would fare against your 750?
Old 06-29-2008 | 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Okay, well then maybe I can answer my own question with other questions... How do you think the car would fare against your 750?
haha, that is my question as well. I dont know. The way the car is set up now, say at the track or from a dig the 750 would win. From a highway roll say 60-70, I think it could be very interesting. I do not have anything to back this up. I did play with a newer 600 (the one I posted about), but like I said, I jumped him pretty good and I dont think he was ready for it. A friend of mine has a 07 ZX6R with slip-on and power commander and he weighs about 145lbs. we might hook them up sometime just to see. When we are on our bikes I only pull him alittle bit, usually around 125. I would like to find out.

My brother put about 4-5 car lengths on a newer R6 with slip-on and I make more than he does, so I don't know.

Last edited by 97svt/01saleen; 06-29-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-29-2008 | 10:21 AM
Registered Member

Here is one of the engine bay. Wasn't really put together for shows so stuff is kind of everywhere.

Old 06-30-2008 | 11:53 AM
Registered Member

SLO-K20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fcrsxtypes
Your mode of transportation sucks...lol jk...whats up sammy?

hey dude, doin alright, im planning a trip to RM soon, is there a new place to hangout yet?

Quick Reply: intros and stuff