Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

its alive! loong damn weekend, thats for sure!

Old 07-05-2004, 07:27 PM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default its alive! loong damn weekend, thats for sure!

well, after nine fucking months, i finally got the wagon back on the road.

it has been along time since i drove her, and damn did it feel good (although it did suck that it is slower then stock.....)

i have been trying to make up my mind as to what and where i was going with the car, and i decided to buy a house instead of the six speed, and get the car to a decent level and sell it.

i hate to see her go, but i have had my fun with it.

i must say too, that the RA spec gears i installed are what they should have installed to start with. not only are they thicker (which, by the way, caused me to have to tear the whole fucker apart after final installation due to a thrust washer that i didnt change, until i looked in the trash to find a new one that was thinner.... :evil:

i spent the morning of sat. putting the tranny together, then spent the rest of the day working on richards SRT4 installing urethane bushings...THAT WAS FUN!
/sarcasm

sat night we had a 5" shell blow up on the ground with us doing the fireworks, and it kept some of us from having our normal fun for the fireworks.....sunday was my cookout at my new house, so i finally got to working on it today.

got there at 10, and had her on road trip by 1230. the front bumper is at the body shop being painted, since i had the other cover that was cut for the FMIC on it earlier, so i should be getting it back this week i hope.

at the moment, i am on 7psi (straight wastegate) till i hook up a boost controller tomorrow.....still have to install my wideband sensor, and tweak a few things on it, but other then that, it drove great. Emily and i went 125 miles in her today, and it drove beatiful!

i figured i would show ya's my ghetto fabulous bumper for the moment...its legal, tag and all!

Last edited by HatefulMechanic; 07-05-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:30 PM
beep beep

Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie
Default Re: its alive! loong damn weekend, thats for sure!

lol thats great. I still havent got mine up and running..its been since November. Thats one hell of a little shop you got going on, NICE!!...where were you when my car broke down?
Old 07-05-2004, 10:42 PM

TeayotaSoupra is an unknown quantity at this point

<--waiting to see the DSM running...

DSM..run..haha.. sorry
Old 07-06-2004, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Love the yellow bumper beam. Looks almost like the yellow on my car. Hey, wait a second.....
Old 07-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

damn nice, where do you live in floyd?

I have to tear out/apart my tranny here pretty soon to replace my 5th gear/reverse synchro pack..

a lift would be helpful! lol..

how long does it take to burn out the old bushings? so you burned, pressed, and grinded them out? heard it was a pain.. let me know how the bushings in the srt felt, I was thinkin about going that route..
Old 07-06-2004, 09:38 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i now live 10 miles from the shop...it used to be in my backyard....

basically an hour from roanoke, richard, chad, and chris generally make a leisurely drive up the parkway to get there.

as for the ride, you will have to ask richard about that....he left to go to bristol today, test n tune tonight, and race thurs i think. so he hopefully should get some good times, and i hope there aint anything i need to fix.....

yes...they are a pain in ass....and no....i dont do transmissions.

yes, i know i did mine. but no. i dont do them.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Oh, no, I was just wondering about possibly using the lift, but thats far away, about 1.5 hours from my house..

I plan on tackling my tranny problems myself, with some help of a guy who has already done it.. seems reverse problems are common for preludes
Old 07-06-2004, 05:08 PM
The Pro to call.

i am such a fucking ricer.....i got my exhaust and BOV back today, and i promptly removed every washer chris had in it so i could blow off on anything that moved....
Old 07-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Cosmo likes to blow!

hitmanG35 is an unknown quantity at this point

I kinda like the HKS because i have less wastegate flutter than with the RFL but i absolutely HATE the stock cat back. Damn Joey... i kinda feel your pain today driving mine around like that. Oh well.... Ill have the Greddy back on friday but I still want your Tranny
Old 07-06-2004, 07:01 PM
The Pro to call.

stfu about "wastegate flutter" and turn the damn stereo up....