Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Jobs?

Old 10-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Jobs?

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
you will never find a job if you're going to be picky...trust me. If I were you, i'd be happy to work any day i could...money is money and days off are over-rated.
Not tryin to talk shit Corey, but umm didn't you not have a job for like, ever? I tried to get you on at Dynax... Which btw, I've been workin weekends 40+ / 7 days a week since like April... I'd love to have a few consecutive weekends off...

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
so. . .you have been out of work for a year, are being picky about work, and have an 8yo kid to support??

VAD Father of the year here folks!
No shit...

I work 2nd shift, pull mad OT and deal w/ dumb ass foreigner co-workers all day long, run two machines and manage 8 people for 11.25... Sup?

OP, as I've said in many threads in the past, Dynax has a revolving door... You have to start as a temp through Express or @Work... I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't last a week....
Old 10-20-2010, 05:20 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Mcdonalds, taco bell, wendy's, burger king, arby's.

I'm sure at least one, if not all, are near you, and at least one, if not all, will hire you.

I'd swallow my pride and take a shit job til I found a real one if it meant my kid (which I don't even have) didn't starve.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:23 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

So how have you been paying bills for this past year? Collecting unemployement and living off the public? You've got a kid to support yet you're being picky about where you work? Nice.. very nice. Perfect example of why unemployment benefits need to be put back to 6 months max. You'd have started looking for a real job much sooner if you couldn't ride the unemployment train
Old 10-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
So how have you been paying bills for this past year? Collecting unemployement and living off the public? You've got a kid to support yet you're being picky about where you work? Nice.. very nice. Perfect example of why unemployment benefits need to be put back to 6 months max. You'd have started looking for a real job much sooner if you couldn't ride the unemployment train
Unemployment is at 6 months max. At least, when I filed for it last year that's how it was. I was eligible for 26 weeks of benefits max.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:32 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

As of June of 09 it was 72 weeks per this
http://money.cnn.com/news/storysuppl...its/index.html
Old 10-20-2010, 06:00 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
Yeah they over-doubled it to help poor suffering lazy Americans.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Sick-N-Twisted

1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS

Originally Posted by JROW
Mcdonalds, taco bell, wendy's, burger king, arby's.

I'm sure at least one, if not all, are near you, and at least one, if not all, will hire you.

I'd swallow my pride and take a shit job til I found a real one if it meant my kid (which I don't even have) didn't starve.
yea, but i would actually make less than i do on unemployment there justin, so I am riding it out until I can get a job that is worth a shit and provides more money than unemployment...and FYI, for anyone that doesn't knwo how unemployment works, you have to apply for atleast 2 jobs a week (if not more) to be able to keep getting it each week, so it's not a lack of not wanting a job, its a lack of getting calls back....
Old 10-20-2010, 10:03 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by 1PhatLS
yea, but i would actually make less than i do on unemployment there justin, so I am riding it out until I can get a job that is worth a shit and provides more money than unemployment...and FYI, for anyone that doesn't knwo how unemployment works, you have to apply for atleast 2 jobs a week (if not more) to be able to keep getting it each week, so it's not a lack of not wanting a job, its a lack of getting calls back....
Yeah, not talking about you bro, talking about the guy that's been unemployed for over a year. He' sounds awfully picky for someone who hasn't worked in a year. Speaking hypothetically.

Last edited by JROW; 10-20-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1PhatLS
He pretty much summed it up. Thats the only reason I still dont have one
Old 10-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
Weird. This was August of this year, and they told me 26 weeks. Maybe because I was filing for partial unemployment from my hours being cut back. Maybe if someone is completely unemployed it's different...

Quick Reply: Jobs?