Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Jobs?

Old 10-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Jobs?

Ahh. Figured it out. Because it was partial unemployment I was only eligible for regular unemployment, not extended. Regular is only 26 weeks.

http://www.vec.virginia.gov/vecportal/index2.cfm/aid/65
Old 10-20-2010, 02:31 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Not tryin to talk shit Corey, but umm didn't you not have a job for like, ever? I tried to get you on at Dynax... Which btw, I've been workin weekends 40+ / 7 days a week since like April... I'd love to have a few consecutive weekends off...
Yeah...and I didnt really want to work there. Ended up finding a job that suits me much better with wayyyy better hours and weekends off...and I get to drive cars I would normally never have the chance to drive. I think I made the right decision there.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:41 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Hopefully Ill have a second job here soon...

Take that slackers. :P
Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Yeah...and I didnt really want to work there. Ended up finding a job that suits me much better with wayyyy better hours and weekends off...and I get to drive cars I would normally never have the chance to drive. I think I made the right decision there.
Where did you end up getting a job at?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by 1PhatLS
yea, but i would actually make less than i do on unemployment there justin, so I am riding it out until I can get a job that is worth a shit and provides more money than unemployment...and FYI, for anyone that doesn't knwo how unemployment works, you have to apply for atleast 2 jobs a week (if not more) to be able to keep getting it each week, so it's not a lack of not wanting a job, its a lack of getting calls back....
There are these awesome things called temporary agencies that you apply to and call a couple times a week and see if they found you a job... Dynax has a revolving door... Take your lazy ass down to Express Personnel Services on 419 or @Work and tell em you want to go to work at Dynax... I'll give you a couple days before you walk out... Especially if you're on my line...

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Hopefully Ill have a second job here soon...

Take that slackers. :P
W/ me???

Slackers? Remember exactly how much you saw me this year and how many meets I attended... lol

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 10-20-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:59 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

There are these awesome things called temporary agencies that you apply to and call a couple times a week and see if they found you a job... Dynax has a revolving door... Take your lazy ass down to Express Personnel Services on 419 or @Work and tell em you want to go to work at Dynax... I'll give you a couple days before you walk out... Especially if you're on my line...
Scotty is a hard worker, he'll find something, and he's in harrisonburg, not roanoke, so dynax isn't going to work.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

I haz jobs. I work 830-600. Get home, eat. Go work 7-1030. Get home sleep, do it all again

I do it because I'm trying to get ahead and I have to many things I want to buy
Old 10-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by JROW
Scotty is a hard worker, he'll find something, and he's in harrisonburg, not roanoke, so dynax isn't going to work.
I dunno man. Theres a chick that I work w/ directly that drives from Martinsville every day... I got another chick that comes from CBurg...
Old 10-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

I dunno man. Theres a chick that I work w/ directly that drives from Martinsville every day... I got another chick that comes from CBurg...
Iz come work with you if we can hold hands.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Sick-N-Twisted

1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS

Originally Posted by -JB-
Iz come work with you if we can hold hands.
hey jb...Iz come work with you if we can hold hands. haha

Quick Reply: Jobs?