Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

July 2nd: Williamson Cruise

Old 07-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myclone has disabled reputation
Default Re: July 2nd: Williamson Cruise

Originally Posted by TNGChris
this year they had big signs every couple blocks that flashed "NO BURNOUTS!".there also seemed to be more cops walking and on bikes.it was pretty tame by previous year's standards.
Well, that explains it... I guess the residents that arent into the cruise pitched a bitch about the smoke/smell/noise...fuckers (or did one of the participants do something stupid?).

Do they even have the burnout contest at the MDA show anymore? Last time I went to it (~10yrs ago) I never saw so much as anyone even think about lighten 'em up. Sucks since myself and most ppl I know enjoy a big ol nasty burnout even if it really doesnt prove anything other than you will be soon buying tires .
Old 07-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by myclone
Well, that explains it... I guess the residents that arent into the cruise pitched a bitch about the smoke/smell/noise...fuckers (or did one of the participants do something stupid?).

Do they even have the burnout contest at the MDA show anymore? Last time I went to it (~10yrs ago) I never saw so much as anyone even think about lighten 'em up. Sucks since myself and most ppl I know enjoy a big ol nasty burnout even if it really doesnt prove anything other than you will be soon buying tires .
it probably was a combination of both.a few times out there i've seen a race car with big meats do a burnout,and get a little out of control.with people only a couple feet off the road and cars right beside/in front of/behind you,it'd be easy to hurt somebody or tear something up if that car hooks.
street cars and FWDs doing pegleg bunouts most likely won't hurt anything,but i guess you can't descriminate.
i'm on the MDA committee.we don't condone burnouts when exiting the Civic Center,but we won't stop you ..we never put a stop to it ourselves,but for a couple years there were City cops that would sit in the parking lot and hand out tickets,so it scared most people out of it.last couple years they're been cool and stayed out of the parking lot,so the burnouts are back on.
the main problem now is that it used to be only the show cars did it.this year it turned into an idiot-fest with people doing burnouts all over the parking lot,breaking their cars(haha...*rev limiter.....pop clutch..BAM!!*..if you were there,you know what i'm talking about),being stupid....it just kind of got out of control.if it stays like that,i can see the Civic Center steeping in and stopping it since there's black marks all over the parking lot instead of one designated area.not to mention people getting crazy near the parking areas-if you start risking tearing up spectator cars,i'm sure they'll stop all of it.
Chris
Old 07-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

Matt 5.9 has disabled reputation

i went

it was fun i guess, a saw quite a few burnouts

did that red evo have gunmetal wheels??

they actually arent gunmetal, they are stock color, he just never washes them..
Old 07-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Matt 5.9
i went

it was fun i guess, a saw quite a few burnouts

did that red evo have gunmetal wheels??

they actually arent gunmetal, they are stock color, he just never washes them..
looked like the stock silverish Enkeis.couldn't tell for sure since the car was rolling.
Chris
Old 07-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Registered Member

i'm on the MDA committee.we don't condone burnouts when exiting the Civic Center,but we won't stop you ..we never put a stop to it ourselves,but for a couple years there were City cops that would sit in the parking lot and hand out tickets,so it scared most people out of it.last couple years they're been cool and stayed out of the parking lot,so the burnouts are back on.
the main problem now is that it used to be only the show cars did it.this year it turned into an idiot-fest with people doing burnouts all over the parking lot,breaking their cars(haha...*rev limiter.....pop clutch..BAM!!*..if you were there,you know what i'm talking about),being stupid....it just kind of got out of control.if it stays like that,i can see the Civic Center steeping in and stopping it since there's black marks all over the parking lot instead of one designated area.not to mention people getting crazy near the parking areas-if you start risking tearing up spectator cars,i'm sure they'll stop all of it.
Chris
Dunno if roanoke would even allow such hethen activity but a 4x8 piece of 1/2" plate steel put down in a designated burnout area would allow anyone and every one to have some fun. The civic centers parking lot would be protected by the plate and everyone could boil the hides until they ran out of gas, broke, or suffocated LOL. Hell, throw some water on the steel plate and even the podunks in their lifted clapped out 4wds could burn em off....or at least get laughed at in a safe enviroment. Get the cops involved and make everyone very aware of the fact that if you do a burnout anywhere other than the "designated area" roanokes finest ( ) would get in their ass/write tickets.

Just an idea and Im sure youre well aware that burnout contests draw HUGE crowds at places like carlisle, pigeon forge, knoxville, etc. Hell, even when natural bridge had a burnout contest ppl were there in droves and we all know that more ppl mean more $$ and for a charity deal like the MDA show Id think that'd be a good thing.

FWIW its a shame the previous guy got nailed for something somene else did but be VERY aware that the majority of beat/patrol cops arent the sharpest tools in the shed....especially when it comes to cars. Ive only crossed paths with a couple state cops that were knuckle heads but generally county/city cops are idiots automotively speaking except for the occassional one that has a more than a couple of brain cells.

Disclaimer/FWIW: Nothing personal towards any cops on this forum but lets face it...most most of your coworkers dont know squat about cars or the difference between someone whos a gear head and someone whos an idiot with shiney wheels on a stock vehicle. I worked on a local cops turbo cars for a while a few years ago and finally told him to find someone else since he kept F'n up everything he touched instead of using his head when working on his cars himself....his cop coworkers that I met werent any brighter either so I speak from first hand experience here. They all should have stuck with stereo stuff or just keeping the damn thing washed since thats about all they could accomplish without screwing something up from what I saw.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

lol at ^

I have had the same experience.. I have run into state troopers and so far they have been respectfull, and don't do stupid crap like retarded comments, mocking, and being just plain mean..
Old 07-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GaRn
I have had the same experience.. I have run into state troopers and so far they have been respectfull, and don't do stupid crap like retarded comments, mocking, and being just plain mean..

IMO, Majority of the state troopers I have run into were complete assholes, esp. the ones that hang around Botetourt. Botetourt County officers on the other hand, are in my opinion the the nicest officers around. (It's not every officer that will pull me over and talk to me about where to go wheeling. )

Roanoke City on the other hand has a delightful mix... a couple of assholes but most are pretty cool and easy to talk to. All of Roanoke County is pretty cool. Salem is asses, franklin county is well... a redneck in a sports car(need I say more? ). Bedford is pretty cool, lynchburg is... well.. I don't think I have ever seen an officer in lynchburg.

Thats my .02
Old 07-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cootees

IMO, Majority of the state troopers I have run into were complete assholes, esp. the ones that hang around Botetourt. Botetourt County officers on the other hand, are in my opinion the the nicest officers around. (It's not every officer that will pull me over and talk to me about where to go wheeling. )

Roanoke City on the other hand has a delightful mix... a couple of assholes but most are pretty cool and easy to talk to. All of Roanoke County is pretty cool. Salem is asses, franklin county is well... a redneck in a sports car(need I say more? ). Bedford is pretty cool, lynchburg is... well.. I don't think I have ever seen an officer in lynchburg.

Thats my .02
So far Ive ran into the following:

Roanoke co:
One cool dude named "Pursey". BIG black dude busted me for 107-ish on 581 at ~4am back in the mid 90s. Wrote me up for 72 in a 55 and was cool about it since I sorta had an excuse (I lied my ass off but it sounded good to him I guess).

Skinny dyke/carpet munching looking hag with spiked black hair. Threatened me after I politely asked her not to lean on my vehicle with her gun belt. Bitch.

Asshole that wrote me two seperate tickets in a span of 10 minutes for not wearing a seat belt. Same cop wrote me a ticket for a head light out at the same time even though I had the replacement that Id bought that evening in the passenger seat. Showed him the light and the receipt but it wasnt good enough for him. No I didnt have time to put the head light in before it got dark...I had to go to work night shift and was going to get lunch 3 blocks away from work when he pulled me over. Dick head.

Pulled over way too many times to count by the co cause they think the Syclone is too low. LOL its at stock ride height and just above the limit so they usually go away pissed off. Amazingly enough the dually is even lower but Ive never been pulled over in it (knocks on wood).

State troopers:
Pulled over maybe 5 or 6 times and ended up with a ticket only once. I deserved it since I was last in line of ~12 cars doing 80-ish on I81 north of nat bridge. Got me for 78 in a 65 but he was cool about it so no big deal IMO.

Bedford co:
LOL never been pulled over.... They need faster cruisers is all I can say (they were PISSED too from what I hear through the grape vine )

franklin co:
Ditto here too... Havent ran into numb nuts in boones mill since he got his GTO but my stuff has been in the garage since so Im sure we'll find out how fast it is now that things are coming togeather (finally) .
Old 07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

LOL! Nice list.

Most of the troopers I've come across were the nicest officers I've ever met. I've lost that "I hate cops" mentality that most of us had when we were younger. I know the majority of them are decent people just trying to do their jobs, and unfortunately a few of them are bad and make the rest look rotten.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

this year they had big signs every couple blocks that flashed "NO BURNOUTS!".there also seemed to be more cops walking and on bikes.it was pretty tame by previous year's standards.

BTW-anybody here drive a stock looking red EVO?had one rev on me on my way home last night.i'm cruising along at the speed limit,minding my own business with my baby son in the car.they pull up by me and rev on me.after i don't do anything,they bone out down the whole straight section of Herschberger by the mall.probably going at least 100MPH,weaving through traffic.....and people wonder why nobody likes imports
chris

That was a guy named Spencer im sure.....Doesnt surprise me he was driving like that...If you ever see him again,pull him out of the car and kick his ass..hes a thief...

BTW, you shoulda ran him (minus your youngin in the car of course ), his car ain't got shit.

Quick Reply: July 2nd: Williamson Cruise