Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

JULY 7-9 . ROCKINGHAM NOPI EVENT

Old 07-17-2006, 03:38 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JULY 7-9 . ROCKINGHAM NOPI EVENT

alot of the pro drivers i think have got to nhra bc i heard alot of the names i used to hear at nopi when nhra was at dinwiddie this spring
Old 07-17-2006, 04:40 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

They Payouts suck if you ask me...... and def. for the sportsman classes only 400 to the winner minus your NOPI member fee if your not already a member and only 100 to the runner up..... For as much money they make with people getting in and pay to race the payouts could be better if you put more money back in your drivers wallets more will come !!!
Old 07-17-2006, 06:31 AM
Representin TeamDOHC

SickEJ1 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SpoolnSRT4
They Payouts suck if you ask me...... and def. for the sportsman classes only 400 to the winner minus your NOPI member fee if your not already a member and only 100 to the runner up..... For as much money they make with people getting in and pay to race the payouts could be better if you put more money back in your drivers wallets more will come !!!
this is TRUE , but this event wasn't impressive at all........it was like NOPI fell off or something.....maybe it was just the track itself , I overherd alot of racers talking about how alot of sponsored racers didn't paticipate at this track in particular due to that fact that it isn't a sanctioned track any more , what that means.... IDNO?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SickEJ1
this is TRUE , but this event wasn't impressive at all........it was like NOPI fell off or something.....maybe it was just the track itself , I overherd alot of racers talking about how alot of sponsored racers didn't paticipate at this track in particular due to that fact that it isn't a sanctioned track any more , what that means.... IDNO?

I've only been to one other NOPI event back in 2002 it was decent as well but NOPI was just forming then from what I understand I felt the drop off as well even tho that was the only show I could compare it to. Maybe the Area ? I guess we will find out when we attend the last one at MIR
Old 07-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch

Its funny I think nopi has just fell off, one of the reason I went to this event was because most of the pro drivers last year were running record setting passes, Im not sure but I think brent rau, went into the 6s for the first time at rockingham last year, those were the cars I wanted to see not a blown t/a and turbo mustangs still runnin slower then 4 cyl and 6 cyl. Im pretty sure no more nopi events for me, dropjaw carshows and nhra sport compact series.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:45 PM
oh noes

1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts

i had a good time it was better than a weekend in the burg and plus everyone i hang out with went to i had fun! But compared to past nopi events,it sucked....
Old 07-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

i'd say location probably plays the biggest role in it.ANY event at MIR is packed,regardless of the sanctioning body.i went to the first import even at Rockingham(a Hybrid meet,i think it was in '99),and one other one a couple years ago.neither had a good turnout.same goes for Bristol.the whole import thing just isn't as big in either of those areas compared to NOVA/MD.i guess it affects everybody from spectators to the pro racers-if they know there's always been small turnouts,it makes them less likely to show up too.go to a domestic oriented race at either place,and there's plenty of people there.
i also believe there was another big event the same weekend as this last Rock race.
chris
Old 07-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch

Well we hit up bristol last year and all the big boys were there, And they were finishing finals from rockingham, I just dont get it.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by K20_hisatch
Well we hit up bristol last year and all the big boys were there, And they were finishing finals from rockingham, I just dont get it.
yeah,i went to Bristol last year.pro racer turnout was decent,but spectator ettendence was horrible.
Chris