Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Just bought a 95 cobra for my wife

Old 11-13-2009, 12:09 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Just bought a 95 cobra for my wife

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Yea that's an R
and its in perfect shape with 834 miles...
Old 11-13-2009, 12:32 PM
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

slowz06 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by swVAtuner
there is a 95 cobra R in danville right now with 834 miles on it for $38.995
Don't be confused, the only reason that car is worth so much is because it is rare.

I'm really surprised you took out a loan for that car. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

swVAtuner has disabled reputation

updated pics , got the interior out except the dash , and started to take some parts off to get it ready to do some body work , and jammed the 2 doors I got

Old 11-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

swVAtuner has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by slowz06
Don't be confused, the only reason that car is worth so much is because it is rare.

I'm really surprised you took out a loan for that car. Hope it all works out for you.
Confused ? LOL , ok I was just posting that for comparison. I perfectly understand the difference between a cobra and a cobra R these cars sell for over book value everyday. The fact that its a cobra and has such low miles means I could sell the vin plates and dash cluster for what I paid for this car , not to mention the drivetrain

It is mechanically sound and needs what I consider to be alot of minor body work , the car has no structure damage , all of it is cosmetic , a little time and good paint job and this car will bring atleast 4 times what I paid for it

My wife is going to use it as a daily driver so its not really a big deal what you guys think it is or isnt worth

I have had guys on corral PM me wanting to buy it as is for double what I paid so to each is own with the opinions , I see not much has changed over here since I was last here

and just incase anybody cares ,even though it is one of 4005 coupes , this car is one of 110 rio red with black cloth , they made 250 cobra Rs

http://www.mustangspecs.com/years/95cobra.shtml

Last edited by swVAtuner; 11-16-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

I have had guys on corral PM me wanting to buy it as is for double what I paid so to each is own with the opinions , I see not much has changed over here since I was last here
Wow! Every minute there's a sucker born!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:10 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

So why not fix it... sell it for 3-4 times what you paid and buy another car and keep the differnce?
Old 11-16-2009, 02:32 PM
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

I agree. If you're getting offers for twice what you paid as it sat the day you bought it.. then just fix it up and sell it for 30 grand
Old 11-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

D1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the rough

What book value is and what people are willing to pay are two completely different things.

Cobra's are highly inflated as far as value is concerned. I wouldn't have bought that Cobra for anything more then 2,000$. Buying a 95 5.0 is pointless really when the 96-98 are a much better platform. If you're going 5.0 then I'd choose a Fox body at that point.

Oh and yes I've owned a 95 5.0 Cobra as well.

Confused ? LOL , ok I was just posting that for comparison. I perfectly understand the difference between a cobra and a cobra R these cars sell for over book value everyday. The fact that its a cobra and has such low miles means I could sell the vin plates and dash cluster for what I paid for this car , not to mention the drivetrain

It is mechanically sound and needs what I consider to be alot of minor body work , the car has no structure damage , all of it is cosmetic , a little time and good paint job and this car will bring atleast 4 times what I paid for it

My wife is going to use it as a daily driver so its not really a big deal what you guys think it is or isnt worth

and just incase anybody cares ,even though it is one of 4005 coupes , this car is one of 110 rio red with black cloth , they made 250 cobra Rs

http://www.mustangspecs.com/years/95cobra.shtml
Old 11-16-2009, 07:24 PM
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m
Oh and yes I've owned a 95 5.0 Cobra as well.
How much did you get it for? I'm guessing 25,000ish if you came across a good deal..
Old 11-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

D1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by slowz06
How much did you get it for? I'm guessing 25,000ish if you came across a good deal..
Nowhere near that and I bought it 3-4 years ago. It wasn't a Cobra R as I'd never buy a Cobra R. R's are just not a car you drive any real amount of time and I really don't feel like having a car like that I can't drive.

Cars just really aren't my thing anymore. I test drove a Vert C6 yesterday and enjoyed it but it reminded me just why I wouldn't own a car like that ever again.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 95 cobra for my wife