Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Kicked out of Shelor, proud moment haha.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I <3 2JZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kicked out of Shelor, proud moment haha.

I have been re-tuning the car since the new motor and went out tonight and ran it again. I'm still getting the hang of tuning so I stuck with pump gas to get an everyday idea of how fast the car is.

I showed up around 5:45 or so, hardly anyone there. I left my tires alone at full psi and left the headlight in (it lowers intake temps when removed) because I didn't feel like messing it it. Rolled straight up to track as no one was in line, which was nice.

Rolled around the water pit the best I could, although there was water everywhere, it's damn near impossible to avoid. I set dsmlink to capture, shut the laptop, and staged.
Launched at 5300, with-anti lag @ 8psi, fairly hard with a little wheel spin. Hit second at 7800 perfectly without any problems (a week ago it wouldn't shift into second due to bad wheelspin). Cracked 3rd at 7600. Shut her down after I tipped the lasers and relaxed as my knock sensor didn't blink at all. I'm so nervous of breaking stuff, I guess I tend to expect problems, and underestimate things.
The run felt good but I wasn't expecting what was coming.
7.47 @ 98.4mph:
I started freaking out screaming in the car haha, I couldn't believe it! I pulled around and parked it as I was so excited and needed to check things out. As soon as I got out multiple people came up to me praising me, and then the track official walked up.
"I got bad news, and then worse news for you buddy" he said. I replied, "yeaaa I figured you would."

"The bad news is that you need a helmet on, the worse news is we can't let you run again without a roll cage."
I just smiled and nodded as he gave me props for a quick car. I knew it was coming eventually, I just didn't know my tune had helped me that much considering last week I trapped 94 on a very rich/ Stock timing, conservative tune.
I left with a smile on my face, texting all my buddies. My goal now is to trap 100 on pump gas. I guess I'll have to just wear a helmet, tip the lasers and sit there for a second so I don't piss off the boss guys on the tower.

Anyways that's my little story for the evening, it definitely made my day.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:55 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Kicked out of Shelor, proud moment haha.

Congratulations bro!

What was your old best again? You already changed your signature... That's ROLLIN'!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

Haha, I got there at around 6:30, you must have left right before me. I pulled in and already heard someone say there is a badass TSI running, figured it was you. Then pulling up to the line the guy asked if I was the car that ran 7.4, I told him I wish. Congrats man, wish I could have been there to see it. I got the last run in for the night before they closed it down around 8, bring your ticket friday and you can run again....and I can film
Old 04-06-2007, 06:54 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

By the way, what's this about getting a new motor? Did something happen, or did you upgrade??? I never see you around on here anymore
Old 04-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

NDMstang65 has disabled reputation

Wish we coulda saw the run...like Dustin said we have rain checks for next friday..

Snow = suck.

Definitely sick man!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Atlas is dead

Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo

congrats mr day... guess i gotta hurry up and get the KB 2.8L so that i can hang with ya...
Old 04-07-2007, 03:22 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Congrats!!
what turbo is this on?is this on the stroker bottom end?
also,what is the ET/Trap that requires a cage?did he say cage or rollbar?i may(hopefully )be in trouble this season.
i'm familiar with 1/4 track rules on all this,just not 1/8 mile...in the past i got the impression that Shelor and Natural Bridge were kind of "whatever goes" type tech.they might make you wear a helemt,that but that's about it.

chris
Old 04-07-2007, 03:52 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

shelors used to be lax, but with the sanctioning they are having to enforce tech.

yesterday was a DAMN good day to be running, the ambient was great with minimal humidity.

that is a decent run, but your traps are a little low. how much boost were you running?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:22 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! I guess Shelor is a lil more strict than NB, cause NB didn't say anything to me when I ran 7.45. I even asked the guy and he said that they don't usually hassle street cars until they're in the 6's

fc735, how is 98.4mph low for a 7.47? (unless it's low for his combo, I don't know what he has) I ran 93.88 on my 7.45, which would have been around 121 for me in the 1/4.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:30 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TNGChris
also,what is the ET/Trap that requires a cage?did he say cage or rollbar?
chris
A five point rollbar is required at 7.49 and faster for 1/8th mile. Full cage is required for 6.49 and faster. That's for NHRA, not sure if IHRA is different.

Quick Reply: Kicked out of Shelor, proud moment haha.