Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Kicked out of Shelor, proud moment haha.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:24 AM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Kicked out of Shelor, proud moment haha.

Originally Posted by bad360rt
fc735, how is 98.4mph low for a 7.47? (unless it's low for his combo, I don't know what he has) I ran 93.88 on my 7.45, which would have been around 121 for me in the 1/4.

to me it looks like he is running out of ass at midtrack, or his gearing is wrong. on 11psi, i ran 89.1@8.19. it was just starting to hit boost in 3rd when i tripped the Chrondeks. the time i ran nick in his probe, i think he ran a 8.1@93?mph. that little bastard would pull like a raped ape at mid track!

i would be willing to bet that its VERY conservative, especially with that kind of ET. get that bitch running some more mid power, and i would see it about 104-105ish with that ET and a GOOD launch, which i would hope that car is capable of. a 1.6-1.7 60' and a little taller tire, which would let it wind out 3rd (although i dont know what RPM he was at on the big end) will probably be what is needed.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fc735
to me it looks like he is running out of ass at midtrack, or his gearing is wrong. on 11psi, i ran 89.1@8.19. it was just starting to hit boost in 3rd when i tripped the Chrondeks. the time i ran nick in his probe, i think he ran a 8.1@93?mph. that little bastard would pull like a raped ape at mid track!

i would be willing to bet that its VERY conservative, especially with that kind of ET. get that bitch running some more mid power, and i would see it about 104-105ish with that ET and a GOOD launch, which i would hope that car is capable of. a 1.6-1.7 60' and a little taller tire, which would let it wind out 3rd (although i dont know what RPM he was at on the big end) will probably be what is needed.
I seriously doubt that is the case, if he still has his T60-1. I would image this guy you talk about with the probe probably just didn't have as good of a launch as you did (street tires?), but a bit more power. We all know AWD + street tires > RWD + street tires.

I'm sure it is still conservative, he said he was still tuning, not to mention on pump gas and all (I take that as 93) , lol! Better safe than sorry.

Sweet run.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:23 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by GaRn
I seriously doubt that is the case, if he still has his T60-1. I would image this guy you talk about with the probe probably just didn't have as good of a launch as you did (street tires?), but a bit more power. We all know AWD + street tires > RWD + street tires.

i think he managed to pull a 2.1 60'. in a probe. and yes, that little bitch would fucking scream from a 20 roll. i think it was just a T3 on it though

get that little talon tuned for more ass in the top end, and it will break 100 at the same ET.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

i think he managed to pull a 2.1 60'. in a probe. and yes, that little bitch would fucking scream from a 20 roll. i think it was just a T3 on it though

get that little talon tuned for more ass in the top end, and it will break 100 at the same ET.
Hehe, I bet

I wonder what the talon would do on race gas..

Last edited by GaRn; 04-07-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:04 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

The Talon is no joke! I really underestimated it the first time I saw it actually run. I set him up with a race against Danny... You remember that Andrew? LOL!

I thought Danny's GTI was quick but you didn't just walk.. you RAN.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:10 AM
The Pro to call.

Originally Posted by GaRn
Hehe, I bet

I wonder what the talon would do on race gas..

I would be willing to say DEEP 7's, trapping over 106. safe assumption of closer to 110. all depending on how its geared.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:22 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I would be willing to say DEEP 7's, trapping over 106. safe assumption of closer to 110. all depending on how its geared.
I think he has a Shep tranny.. but I don't know if it has different gear ratios from stock.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by bad360rt
A five point rollbar is required at 7.49 and faster for 1/8th mile. Full cage is required for 6.49 and faster. That's for NHRA, not sure if IHRA is different.
great...i already have a 4-point bar,and was considering adding door bars while i had the car down for the new engine install,but really don't want any added weight....i don't think i'll need the full cage
so,do they follow IHRA rules at all events now,including test & tune days?last time i was there for the import class thing,i ran 8.0Xs all day with no mention of a helmet from any of the officials.
Chris
Old 04-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered member

I bet he could hit upper 6's
Old 04-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

Congrats Andrew!!!

On a side note. How much more power over it's current level should this car make when it is running on and tuned for race gas? Just wondering what you guys have in mind.

Steve

Quick Reply: Kicked out of Shelor, proud moment haha.