Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Kicked out of Shelor, proud moment haha.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I <3 2JZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kicked out of Shelor, proud moment haha.

Thanks all for the comments!
I replaced the block when I came across a decent deal on a slightly used 2.3l 6-bolt. My stock one was actually still in good condition, with alittle over 125k on it, and compression was checked before we pulled it which showed 170 across. I debated about buying a bike this summer, but I decided that I'd probably kill myself, I'll just make my car as fast as a bike haha.

Yeah I remember meeting Danny that night, good times!

I was told that a roll cage and helmet is needed , which is expected though at those times. I've been going into the 7's for awhile and never had any grief from the officials. I guess since it was a slow day and I knocked such a low time that they were like wait a sec...

The turbo is a PTE 6076RS, which is basically a ball-bearing 60 trim (to4s, t3 hotside/ .63a/r, not big by any means. I'm running 23psi on 93 octane, and 2 degrees added onto the stock 16deg timing curve. So it is still somewhat conservative. I'd like to up the timing maybe one more degree as it seems like the motor is liking the extra timing. If I had meth injection I'd be able to to run 28-30psi on top of 93 which would be fun .

I definitely don't consider 98mph on pump gas slow, for a daily driven full weight car. Maybe my perception of fast is different then yours. My 60ft was shitty as I've cut 1.67's on all-seasons before, so there is some improvement there.

I actually know nick, he had some insanely high traps with that probe. Didn't it put down around 400 something whp? Then he had that built rb26 240, and the m3 now that he sold?

Who knows what the car will do on race gas. On c16 I'm sure 35psi and 22deg timing advance is definitely possible, reliability goes to shit though. Since it trapped 98 on 23psi, we'll see what 30-35psi does.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice job Andrew. What is in your engine now? I know you aren't stock anymore, but I'm just curious what you went with.

To me his time seems high for the trap that he put down. I would expect a low low 7 for that kind of a number.

Last edited by 16g-95gsx; 04-07-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:07 AM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

congrats buddy, i couldnt believe it when you told me, hopefully ill be there soon amazing what an extra .3 liters and a little tuning will do