Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Lepricon driving the yellow scoobie???

Old 06-29-2004, 01:03 PM
'bout time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lepricon driving the yellow scoobie???

Originally Posted by GaRn
I didn't call it a neon in disgust or anything, never said it was a bad thing, but to say its not a neon would be kind of weird..
go to the dealer. look in the manual that comes with the car..look all over the car and find a neon emblem or reference - THEN go to it.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Turd Ferguson

BigA is an unknown quantity at this point

1. I don't drive a Civic.

2. I'm not a crappy driver.

3. If I did drive a Civic I would not regret it..

I didn't call it a neon in disgust or anything, never said it was a bad thing, but to say its not a neon would be kind of weird..

Uhhh....I was ragging on myself dude
Old 06-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by VTFORDLADY
go to the dealer. look in the manual that comes with the car..look all over the car and find a neon emblem or reference - THEN go to it.
emblem or not, it's OBVIOUSLY based off of a neon, you cannot argue that fact.. I mean you cant go around saying a Civic Si isnt a civic, but an Si..

If your basing everying off of emblems then i guess you can say what you want.. lol

what the hell does it matter anyways.. its a great handling car with a badass motor, for a damn good price.. probably one of the best platforms for the money these days.. I could'nt give a shit if it was a neon or not.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cootees
Hey, richard... wouldn't it be more along the lines of platform sharing with a neon...? If I remember correctly there is nowhere on an srt-4 that actually says "neon", what does the title say it is?
Well when dodge first released the SRT-4 they went way out of there way to make shore that that nothing nowhere said neon on it, except registration and insurance which was a big plus until the insurance companies figured it out. Now dodge still treats it as separate but does not seem to care as much now about the connection. I think at first they were worried about poor sales due to the connection with the name "neon". Now since they have sold the crap out of them they don't car as much.

Plus there is now a new upgrade package that you can get with new neon’s that get you body parts like a srt-4 which = gay IMO, I don’t' want some one beating one of these and thinking they beet a SRT-4
Old 06-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

From what I hear there are some badass NA neons running around with the 2.4 out of the PT cruisers. I think dodge could have really turned the neon platform around if they would have offered a 2.4 neon. Not all that unlike what GM did with the cavs and sunfires.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

emblem or not, it's OBVIOUSLY based off of a neon, you cannot argue that fact.. I mean you cant go around saying a Civic Si isnt a civic, but an Si..

If your basing everying off of emblems then i guess you can say what you want.. lol

what the hell does it matter anyways.. its a great handling car with a badass motor, for a damn good price.. probably one of the best platforms for the money these days.. I could'nt give a shit if it was a neon or not.
read above.. like richard said. Of course an si is a civic... it's the model of a civic.. if that were the case then why not forget the whole civic title and just use dx, ex, hx, si? An srt-4 is not a model of the neon.. yes they share body characteristics... but so do many cars.. think of it this way.. do you call a ta a camaro? Do you cal a talon an eclipse? mx-6 a probe? the list could go on. I rest my case.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Ok, I'm not gonna argue.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

moooopar is an unknown quantity at this point

When I look parts up for an SRT-4 they are mixed in with the neons. This is because they are both PL body code. Now I'm not taking sides or anything and I constantly get ragged on by my coworkers about this but....
Rev on this Biotch!!!!!LOL
Call it a neon or a piece of shit i really don't care cause it's FAST.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

callmecobra96 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by VTFORDLADY
cmon now, your a mustang driver...cobra's dont say mustang on it anywhere, but it is still a mustang
Old 06-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

moooopar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by callmecobra96
cmon now, your a mustang driver...cobra's dont say mustang on it anywhere, but it is still a mustang
werd!

Quick Reply: Lepricon driving the yellow scoobie???