Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

lmfao...

Old 05-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default lmfao...

I just got a call to my work from a guy who had just pruchased a 93 supra tt. He was looking for a fmic. He said his car was basically stock. Anyways, he said he knows that it takes more air in but he does not know why or what it actually does. He then asked me if you have to fill them with coolant like a radiator?!! lol, hmm... Some people just have too much damn money to go out and buy a supra and wanting to modify it without even knowing how the damn thing works.

This is my devil post.. post 666... oh yeah.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:50 AM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: lmfao...

ppl like that p1ss me off.

like my friend who just got a BRAND NEW WRX. you know how it's got the stock top mount IC right? well we were talking the other day and he says
"I can't wait to ADD a FMIC"
i said........
"ADD??
"yeah. why?"
"you don't add one, you replace it w/ a FMIC"

crazy kid
Old 05-22-2004, 09:57 AM
beep beep

Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie

Thats what happens when you take the credit for someone else. They really dont know anything..they arejust going by hear say
Old 05-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by 89silude
ppl like that p1ss me off.

like my friend who just got a BRAND NEW WRX. you know how it's got the stock top mount IC right? well we were talking the other day and he says
"I can't wait to ADD a FMIC"
i said........
"ADD??
"yeah. why?"
"you don't add one, you replace it w/ a FMIC"

crazy kid
You need to direct him to some of the Blue Ridge Subaru Club members on here. We'll help him out....
Old 05-22-2004, 10:46 AM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, i told him about yall. he is that big guy that was w/ me @ FF a while back. i dunno if you remember or not chad.

i'm gonna get him to come out to FF either tomorrow or next sat. to meet some of you guys.

BTW chad, what kind of BOV should i get him? i wanna get one for him for his graduation. i don't wanna spend more than $150 though. got any ideas?
Old 05-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

There really isn't such a thing as a cheap BOV for the WRX. You need a special flange to mount it. I think the cheapest is the TurboXS RFL ($175 from XXTuning.com). They make a Type H BOV, but I have never seen one in person.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:21 PM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cosmo
There really isn't such a thing as a cheap BOV for the WRX. You need a special flange to mount it. I think the cheapest is the TurboXS RFL ($175 from XXTuning.com). They make a Type H BOV, but I have never seen one in person.
ehhh...dont recommend a turbo xs :-\ i'm talking from experience when I say I will NEVER buy a turbo xs. I got one with my 95 gst when I bought the car, and it leaks like a mofo. Don't believe me? stick a turkey call on the return end of the BOV and find out for yourself. so far I have seen Tial, Greddy Type-S, and the HKS SSQ work the best and get the best reviews. but hey like most people say, you pay for what you get.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

I have had a TXS RFL on my car for some time. So have many other people I know. Nobody that I know of has had any problems. Many people neglect to oil the piston when installing it, which will make it stick and leak.

I had a HKS for a while, but it would leak under higher boost pressure. Greddy makes a BOV for the WRX, but I have heard nothing but bad things about it. It is a recirculating valve, and the design isn't very good.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Interesting... I'm going from an RFL to a HKS.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:32 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

oil the piston reguarly, and make sure you have enough washers in it....i never had a problem with any of the five i have sold and installed.

the HKS is damn nice....but i am a loud mother fucker, so i liked the loudness of the RFL. and if you want a type H....cut the horn off of the RFL....that is the main difference.

the TXS is not a complex valve like the HKS...but they all work about the same. most of the complaints i have seen with them is due to installer error....