Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Messages fpr VanillaThrilla

Old 03-23-2009, 08:53 AM
The world is yours

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin
Default Re: Messages fpr VanillaThrilla

you could start selling crack...... but remember "never get high on your own supply"
Old 03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
tried Design Firms? or designing websites or whatever on the side. Make a craigslist ad.
Good luck. 99% of them are full of idiots. I deal with a lot of them on a daily basis, and there are very few who know what they are doing. It's gotten to the point now where if we get jobs in from certain "designers" we add a surcharge because we know we'll have to spend a lot of time fixing all their mistakes. More than if we had designed the job ourselves.

I talked to a friend who just graduated from college with a degree in graphic design. We were just talking about stuff and she was asking questions and stuff, and turns out after 4 years of school, she didn't have any idea what she was doing. A lot of the stuff her professor taught her were just plain wrong. I met a couple of her classmates who told me similar stories.

I used to teach it at Virginia Western, but they don't pay anything so I don't teach it any more. I wonder how so many of these people got their jobs teaching something they don't know anything about.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:31 AM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I can't do anything like that because of the ankle bracelet. I have to get an authorized schedule a week in advance, and landscaping/construction jobs would require you to sort of be all over the place. I'm going to have to have a job where I stay in one place, unfortunately. At this point I wouldn't mind being outside working, but I can't.

I have various programming, graphic design, web design, IT, and help desk background. I'm looking to enroll in school soon, and I hope a felony isn't an anchor holding me down like I know it very well could in the future. I don't want to do landscaping for a living, especially for the rest of my life.
IT Market is dead for the same reason..People working dirt cheap to just have a job.....

I had an IT "Professional" Tell me the reason my laptop wouldn’t connect to the wireless internet was because I was on battery power vs. plugged power..

Yea...The access Point was down..
Old 04-04-2009, 04:31 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
IT Market is dead for the same reason..People working dirt cheap to just have a job.....

I had an IT "Professional" Tell me the reason my laptop wouldn’t connect to the wireless internet was because I was on battery power vs. plugged power..

Yea...The access Point was down..
Actually, as for troubleshooting, that isn't a bad place to look if the laptop has Vista. Vista's power profile feature with default settings does some weird stuff when on battery power on SOME laptops.