Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Mirage?

Old 11-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Mirage?

I have been meaning to post this for a while but never got around to it. I was heading home from work the other day. I glanced toward the oncoming traffic and something caught my eye and gave me a chuckle... it was a baby blue mitsu. mirage. As I got closer I notced an intercooler. Anyone else seen this car... know who he is? Have anymore details on his setup?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Coastal Carolina U

James93tsi has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mirage?

I have only seen one mirage with a front mount and that thing was sick. It was a mirage turbo hatch (which is a pretty rare car in turbo form). A buddy of mine is doing a 6 bolt swap in a mirage hatch sometime this winter.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:12 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I saw this guy at my work in the parking lot once before.. but he doesn't work here. It didn't have a front bumper on the car, and to my dismay, when I saw the front of it I also spotted a FMIC.... I wouldn't take it too seriously though if it's the same car. Judging by the way he took off when he got out of the parking lot, it runs 16's.. but the blow off valve sure was loud.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I saw this guy at my work in the parking lot once before.. but he doesn't work here. It didn't have a front bumper on the car, and to my dismay, when I saw the front of it I also spotted a FMIC.... I wouldn't take it too seriously though if it's the same car. Judging by the way he took off when he got out of the parking lot, it runs 16's.. but the blow off valve sure was loud.
Never, heard it just saw it going down 460.

Originally Posted by James93tsi
I have only seen one mirage with a front mount and that thing was sick. It was a mirage turbo hatch (which is a pretty rare car in turbo form). A buddy of mine is doing a 6 bolt swap in a mirage hatch sometime this winter.
Nah, this was not a hatch... That is what I was curious about. Hoping to see if he dropped in a 4g63 or not.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Drag757.com Alumni

G32BTurbo G32BTurbo

Originally Posted by James93tsi

me?
Old 11-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Coastal Carolina U

James93tsi has disabled reputation

Was your car at the dyno in Harrisonburg a few months ago? Thats where I saw the one I am talking about on a video my friend took.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:14 AM
DayCrew© Dude

Johnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

I see that mirage all the time on base.

havent lately tho.

never seen it stopped tho.. always passing each other going opposite ways.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Drag757.com Alumni

G32BTurbo G32BTurbo

ah, not me.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

I think i've seen it.... pretty sure its a fake mount, not a front mount. =]
Old 11-11-2005, 02:42 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Zero Cylinder
I think i've seen it.... pretty sure its a fake mount, not a front mount. =]
The one I'm talking about was definitely turbo'd.. front mount, could hear it spooling when he took off, and then a LOOOOOOUD blow off valve.