Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

moven to the country

Old 12-06-2008, 04:27 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ntinhri has a spectacular aura aboutntinhri has a spectacular aura about
Default moven to the country

hey guys, looks like Ill be moven from Va Beach over to Roanoke very very soon. Just wondering if there are any good places for a drive in the mountains? also I race alot at langley speedway during the summer. Im sure there isnt a track like that out there but what about autocrossing.. Im not into the ricer, streetracing crap. However I do have fun every now and then.

Also Im looking for housing- do you locals know what places to stay away form? Looks like ill be working in the north east section of roanoke (Lowes's) and the wife will be working near salem.. I have no idea about the lay of the land but Im sure oyu locals know exactly where these areas are.. any info would be great.. I will weed threw all the smart ass comments too (its vadriven for god sakes)..
Old 12-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer
Default Re: moven to the country

As far as housing goes I have no idea. I know that there are nice houses in the Roanoke area but I've never seen them.

As far as mountain roads you can pretty much take your pick - the best way to find a good road is to just get out there and drive around. I don't even know the names of most of my favorite driving roads down there.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Topik
As far as housing goes I have no idea. I know that there are nice houses in the Roanoke area but I've never seen them.

As far as mountain roads you can pretty much take your pick - the best way to find a good road is to just get out there and drive around. I don't even know the names of most of my favorite driving roads down there.
ok thanks!! I have navi so guess ill just drive.. How about hotels.. I see a hotel in troutville, but when I was looking at the pictures I saw bars on the windows..lol guess I aint stayin there.. any helps greatly appreciated..
Old 12-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Man you're looking in all the wrong places. Go house hunting in South Roanoke, Hunting Hills, Fairway Forest, or any place in SW Roanoke. Then you won't feel like you're in the country, let alone any weird neighborhoods haha. If that's what you mean by what you posted, that is. haha

Good luck!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

what's your housing budget?buying or renting?

VIR is 100 miles away,and we've got several dag strips that are pretty close.
Chris
Old 12-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

250000-300000 and we will buy.. Quick question- how long is the drive from like salem area to the lowes in NE roanoke? just trying to figure out how big roanoke is.. thanks gents..

And it doesnt matter where we live (country or not) wife like the city and I like a nice size lot..

I will have to get my x out on VIR since Ill be SO close.. What are some of the 1/4 miles around roanoke? just want to lookem up and see if they have a test and tune.. Ive only been to the 1/4 once but I know my truck has 12's in it..
Old 12-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Atlas is dead

Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo

^bristol and VMP are the closest 1/4 milers... and you can prob make that drive in 45 minutes, with lil traffic...
Old 12-06-2008, 03:38 PM
SU8LIME

jdm_DC4me has disabled reputation

Yes South Roanoke is where I would house hunt. I think there is a drag strip at Motor Mile?
Old 12-06-2008, 04:25 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Shelor Motor mile..there is also Natural bridge
Old 12-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by McAsshole
and you can prob make that drive in 1 hour,45 minutes, with lil traffic...
fixed that for you.
or,you didn't mean the Salem to Lowe's drive did you?
chris

Quick Reply: moven to the country