Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

moven to the country

Old 12-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ntinhri has a spectacular aura aboutntinhri has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: moven to the country

I was tring to figure out how far salem is from the newer lowes over in the north east part of roanoke. I assume from his post its about 45 mins?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Atlas is dead

Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo

if he is talking about the lowes near botetourt, i can make that drive going a lil over the speed limit, in about 45 minutes... just take 460 the whole way... now if it is rush hour, then yeah it would take 1 hour 45 mins...
Old 12-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ntinhri
I was tring to figure out how far salem is from the newer lowes over in the north east part of roanoke. I assume from his post its about 45 mins?
From Salem to the Lowes out near Valley View (if that's the NE Lowes) then its about 15 minutes max. I'd just take Peter's Creek all the way there.

BTW, if you're wanting a nice size lot I think think the Lowe's/Valley View area is your best bet.

You can find some nice sized lots/houses for 250k-300k in SW Roanoke... Which is 15 mins from Salem and 15 minutes from Valley View depending on where you look in SW Roanoke.

It kind of forms a triangle with salem and NE if that makes sense. Good luck.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
92 si hatchy

jdmsihatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past

yea roanoke aint really that big. good fun country roads hit up franklin county... rite nxt to roanoke. windy gap is a fun road
Old 12-07-2008, 04:03 AM
Registered Member

thanks guys. I start my new job tomorrow, so Ill be tring to find my way around.. thanks again!!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by McAsshole
if he is talking about the lowes near botetourt, i can make that drive going a lil over the speed limit, in about 45 minutes... just take 460 the whole way... now if it is rush hour, then yeah it would take 1 hour 45 mins...
haha,i thought you meant the drive to VMP or Bristol in your post above....i'd be at one or the other every weekend if that was the case!

250-300k will get you a nice house in this area.i have a really good realtor that we just used if you're interested.of the dozens that we worked with,she was by far the best,and the only one that i actually liked.i second the Southwest area.very nice,and it's where we wanted to move,but we just never found what we wanted house-wise.we ended up in North county,which is also cool.
basically,anywhere close to the city in the county won't be too bad of a drive to Salem or either of the Lowe's.

Chris
Old 12-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

ill be driveing up in the morning.. Leaven va beach at 4-5 am.. hopefully tomorrow afternoon Ill be driven around to get my bearings..

the issue is Ill be working at lowes (the one that 4 years old) up on 460 I think.. and my wife will probaly be opening the new one in salem, we also need to find a sitter. they wont be coming up until we sell in va beach. so i have some time to find a place.

as far as the realitor goes the company provides one for me.. if something happens Ill let you know and get her name..

once again thanks, and if you see a black truck with the hazards on and looks lost, yup thatll be me..
Old 12-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by ntinhri
ill be driveing up in the morning.. Leaven va beach at 4-5 am.. hopefully tomorrow afternoon Ill be driven around to get my bearings..

the issue is Ill be working at lowes (the one that 4 years old) up on 460 I think.. and my wife will probaly be opening the new one in salem, we also need to find a sitter. they wont be coming up until we sell in va beach. so i have some time to find a place.

as far as the realitor goes the company provides one for me.. if something happens Ill let you know and get her name..

once again thanks, and if you see a black truck with the hazards on and looks lost, yup thatll be me..
the Lowes on 460 will be a bit more of a drive from SW or Salem,but if the wife will be working at the Salem store i guess ya'll have to find a compromise anyway since the two stores are at opposite ends of the area.

depending on where you end up living at,CDC may be a good choice for daycare.we take our son there,and it is by far the best place we found after lots od research.it's located on Peter's Creek Rd,right off 581.

Chris
Old 12-07-2008, 06:15 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdmsihatch
yea roanoke aint really that big. good fun country roads hit up franklin county... rite nxt to roanoke. windy gap is a fun road
If the roads are the main reason you are going to Franklin County, you should probably re-evaluate you're priorities .
Old 12-07-2008, 06:34 PM
FTW

GuNnErgOd is an unknown quantity at this point

Cave Spring area is very nice, really great schools if you plan to raise a family.

Avoid South East Roanoke (trashy)

Avoid areas around here like Melrose, etc.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...num=1&ct=title

Just to name a few..
You can get a general idea when you visit an area.

Last edited by GuNnErgOd; 12-07-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply: moven to the country