Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

MY POS S14 updated Pics for my Westside Heads lol

Old 11-15-2005, 10:18 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: MY POS S14 updated Pics for my Westside Heads lol

Originally Posted by GaRn
9 is no weaksauce!!

ah welding haha.. didn't realize I couldn't weld iron to mild steel with fluxcore wire.. tried welding an iron bung on my oilpan, didn't work out to well.. leaked and didn't wanna.. well... weld! So I trashed the oil pan and a new one is on the way..
Actually, 9 is pretty much weaksauce. It's not bad, but a 9" wide wheel/tire is not that big of a deal. There are cars that come with rear wheels wider than that stock, I believe.... lol. It's a nice meaty tire on his car, but to you Honda guys it's like two stock wheels stuck together. You guys run 13x4's don't you?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Actually, 9 is pretty much weaksauce. It's not bad, but a 9" wide wheel/tire is not that big of a deal. There are cars that come with rear wheels wider than that stock, I believe.... lol. It's a nice meaty tire on his car, but to you Honda guys it's like two stock wheels stuck together. You guys run 13x4's don't you?
Well I know its not insane or anything, but i wouldn't say its weaksauce.. I don't live in my little FWD world lol

Z06 comes to mind, what, around 12" wide? haha.. goin from a 7" wide wheel stock to a 9" is pretty nice, and I am sure took some research and fitment preperation to get it to fit with that offset no doubt..

You hatin on the 15x6.5's foo!?!?! Don't drag or track my car except maybe an autox or two so I don't need anything crazy.. I'm sure you Vdub heads have similar setups to us Honda folk, FWD is FWD, and it sucks no matter what
Old 11-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

I'm sure you Vdub heads have similar setups to us Honda folk, FWD is FWD, and it sucks no matter what
Actually you'd be pretty suprised what some euro vw's are running as far as width and offset. I'm talking like 9-10" wide in the rear, on a fwd car!

european vw's don't mess around. hehe
Old 11-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Actually you'd be pretty suprised what some euro vw's are running as far as width and offset. I'm talking like 9-10" wide in the rear, on a fwd car!

Yea well I think thats beyond the point of usefullness on most FWD cars imo

most of the guys on the prelude forums run 7.5" to 8" wheels that run HPDE and they are pretty die hard about what they do
Old 11-15-2005, 12:44 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Chris4130

Exactly.

I've actually seen staggered setups with 12" on the rear.. which, by all means, 9-10" wide on the rear of a FWD (or even RWD for that matter) is a wide tire.. I'm just picking on GaRn.. but he made it sound like 9" was something unheard of IMO.

The setup that I was going to do was 18x8.5 in the front IIRC, and 18x9.5 in the rear.. I think. Staggered is the only way to go though, with LIP!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
wub wub wub wub

Yea well I think thats beyond the point of usefullness on most FWD cars imo

most of the guys on the prelude forums run 7.5" to 8" wheels that run HPDE and they are pretty die hard about what they do
It's more of a form over function thing when you go with crazy wide staggered setups on a FWD car.. It's for looks, although it doesn't necessarily have to negatively effect handling to the extreme you may imagine. Some people do huge intercoolers when they only make enough power to take advantage of an intercooler half the size.... same principle. It's typically done for visuals. If you use a fmic bigger than you need, it can hinder performance. Just like wheels and tires..
Old 11-15-2005, 03:41 PM

ScrewyLouie has disabled reputation

Car definately looks better in person and damn it adrian, for as long as you've known me get my damn name right .
Old 11-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by ScrewyLouie
Car definately looks better in person and damn it adrian, for as long as you've known me get my damn name right .
Hahaha
Old 11-15-2005, 04:03 PM
PJ_
Forever lost...

PJ_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Car looks good. I remember seeing it at VMP this summer at a lkt drift practice. Lots of changes since 2 years ago at l'burg autox.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by S1LV1A
Car looks good. I remember seeing it at VMP this summer at a lkt drift practice. Lots of changes since 2 years ago at l'burg autox.
Thanks PJ you sc was looking nice at that event get a lsd you be fine....Ya me and the cars come long way since then. More so me then the car i like to think lol. Or lease thats what people tell me . Just try your best to keep crazy Berlin not so crazy you be fine. Might have to holla at some megan street series soon Berlins old goods works well but killing me

Quick Reply: MY POS S14 updated Pics for my Westside Heads lol